Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Farrah Fawcett I love you but.....................

Farrah Fawcett, I love you, but you have lead a charmed life. Now you are plastered all over TV as you die. We all have to deal with cancer on a personal level with ourselves, and with our Mothers and Fathers. I don't mean to make light of your current situation, but cripes, you have had a decent life. My dad was a WWII war hero, my mom was a model. They raised their kids the best they could, without the media. They both died early in their life. Please advance the cause of cancer. But you are not the be all and end all. We are here.

ccbatson Guest

It is still sad, and still a unique experience to see it documented in this form.

Bigb23... I have no clue what point you are trying to make here...

Yes she's a famous millionaire with good looks and a charmed life. But she is also proof that money cannot buy happiness or a healthy longer life.

Sadly her terminal disease has the paparazzi drooling over her not yet dead corpse like hungry jackals on a kill.

She is an inspiration to cancer survivors and I salute her valiant effort.

My 87 year old mother has the same affliction and will never be cancer free, and will continue with Chemotherapy as long as she can handle it.

Mom ALWAYS goes to bed at 9PM, but Friday night she stayed up to watch the entire show. She was depressed by it, saddened for Farrah and for mom's own affliction. But in a way... it uplifted her spirits, since mom's cancer has receded and she is still a survivor... something that Farrah will not be. And it showed mom that as bad as things are for her... others have it far worse...

One other point is this... why did Farrah have to fly to Germany for specialized treatment? If we're the greatest and the best in medicine, then why did she have to go there? Is American medicine falling behind other countries of the world? Or is the system here so cumbersome for medical treatment, that we need to change our way of doing things in the field of research and medical practices.

It leaves you wondering?

And as for Farrah... I doubt she made this documentary for publicity... but more than likely for other reasons... such as why aren't we spending more on research on these diseases?

I think it was brave of her to publicly share what in most families is a private grief... God bless her for her bravery...
    Last edited by Gistok; May-16-09 at 03:00 PM.

The somber music that was played during key moments, was a bit over the top during the documentary, which made it seem like Farrah was acting the part of a cancer victim, but that was about all that I disliked. about it, the ending made my eyes misty, and it is too bad that her son Redmond, has to be a heroin addicted [[[[[[[[[, considering that he had a golden opportunity to make something out of his life with the upper class wealth that he was born into.

Farrah was in love with her "jet-set" lifestyle, money, and connections, and it struck me when her friends and family were celebrating her likely last birthday, that even though she is a well-known celebrity, she apparently had a small circle of people who were closest to her, just like most people do, once they become middle-aged.

Dude,

You need to take a good look at yourself in the mirror and get over whatever insecurities you are dealing with yourself.

Lashing out at someone dying is not appropriate on any level. Especially since they have been a great person.

This post is so wrong on so many levels I won't even comment any further.
    Is this the same person who was dancning around Senator Kennedy's brain tumor ?

ccbatson Guest

If he was [[dancing around Kennedy's brain tumor), would that make it OK to attack Farrah?

everyone has their own way of dealing with the disease and maybe this is how she handled it.

ccbatson Guest

And something that she shared with the public. Strong lady.

I don't deny that she has cancer, but I only wonder about the media circus that surrounds her. Have we lost what has happened in the past ? My dad, my mom, my brother. All to cancer. My life is lost, I tried and failed. I should have stayed a Bartender.

ccbatson Guest

I really feel badly for you BigB...please be strong and live the best quality of life possible. We all have but limited time, often I feel that not knowing of the nature [[terminal) of these diseases would be so much better.

Thanks, Cc, I don't look for a hand out, just a hand up. And can we please have a real medical community ? Let's talk about the Canadian system.
    Last edited by Bigb23; May-18-09 at 12:39 AM.

By Farrah making her cancer, treatment and death public, I believe she is trying to reach out to others and say "get checked" before it is too late. She is a beautiful lady, inside and out, hair or no hair. Bless her for all she's done in her last few years.

ccbatson Guest

You DO NOT want a Canadian style system BigB.