Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Holley Carbuerator building

The Old Holley Carburetor building on 9 mile and Hoover, was just torn down

I guess there is an urgent need to just go and demolish everything that is sitting empty.In the future when someone buys a house in Detroit it will come with the standard 10 acer parking lot.

This one?

Name:  Holley-HQ.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  18.9 KB

Just imagine the cars that were around this place and how they helped them breath easier!

I went to an Estate Sale in Farmington last year for someone who was an Engineer there. They were trying to get $800 and up for "Experimental" carburetors. I don't think they sold a one.

Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire View Post
    I went to an Estate Sale in Farmington last year for someone who was an Engineer there. They were trying to get $800 and up for "Experimental" carburetors. I don't think they sold a one.
    I wonder if one of those 200 mpg carbs were in there.
    I used to race GTOs in the 70s hollys used to warp bad. Totally off topic tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I wonder if one of those 200 mpg carbs were in there.
    I used to race GTOs in the 70s hollys used to warp bad. Totally off topic tho.

Yes, I was told the gaskets deteriated which caused the engine to hesitate from accelerating from a dead stop.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    This one?

Name:  Holley-HQ.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  18.9 KB

Yes that's the one. Also demolished was the Wilson Dairy building on Hoover just north of 9 Mile.

More info on the property can be found here:
    http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/...Number=6493896

cool info on the dairy farm , Thanks

Mr. Houdini Guest

A friend of mine's dad worked there. He told a story about how layoffs were handled there back in the 70's 80's. One day a manager's voice came over a loud speaker and said "we're having layoffs. If your name is called, please pack up your desk and turn in your key on the way out." Then he started announcing names out loud, as everyone stood around and crapped their pants

WTF? That is harsh.

He said dudes were openly crying 'and sheet.