Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default How Does One Go About Getting Ex-Communicated from the Catholic Church?

I really, really want to not be counted as one of them.

They got my parents to baptize me.

They convinced me for some time to follow their ways.

They even had me agree to be confirmed.

Now, at 47, I am certain beyond any doubt that I'd like to not be a part of that institution and want to make it legal.

I'd like to thank them for the instruction on reading, writing, and arithmetic. That was fine. The REST of it?! Whoa.

Cheers on this beautiful day.

Sincerely,
    John J. Gannon
    Class of '81, St. Alphonsus High School.

And I will not entertain any discussion of religion. I think they've ALL got their problems...misunderstandings and worse. Traditions and commentary from earlier times in history which some attempt to apply today. Ignorance of the original founder's direct teachings.

Stuff like that.

Use a telescope and declare the earth revolves around the sun. That should work; at least it did.

I don't want to go to JAIL, LOL.

I'm nearly messing my pants, thanks for the gut-laugh Gnome. You rock.

LodgeDodger Guest

Why do you feel the need to be ex-communicated? Why all the drama? Just follow another faith.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Why all the drama?
    Indeed!...

Just walk quietly away. No need to maintain a relationship that is over and done with.

LodgeDodger Guest

The fact is, even though you're a "Cradle Catholic" you're not really a "Catholic", per se. I'm quite sure you haven't made your Easter duties in years. That's traditionally the way people "keep current" on their relationship with the Church.

You cannot erase your past. More importantly, excommunication is used for only the most egregious acts against the Church and its teachings. Your wish for excommunication is hardly constitutes such an action. If you don't wish to worship with with Catholics or choose to ignore the teachings of the faith, then be gone with you. Methinks an excommunication is something you would like to use as a "bragable" item. To use as a flag to show others just how "special" you believe yourself to be.

You really need to grow up. Would you believe I'm less than a year older than you, yet find often find myself thinking, "Is this guy really so close to me in age?" I would expect such silly rantings from someone decades younger than you.

Gannon, grow up. Get a steady job. Go about the business of being a grownup. You'll find that you don't have time for such silly musings when you're busy with the actual business of being an adult.

Of course, I expect you to take this as an "attack" on your character. Of course, it isn't, but I don't expect you to view it as such.

Tell them you just got a phone call from Salt Lake City.

You really need to grow up. Would you believe I'm less than a year older than you, yet find often find myself thinking, "Is this guy really so close to me in age?" I would expect such silly rantings from someone decades younger than you.

I'm close in age to both of you and that's old enough to know telling someone to "grow up" won't work.

Vox Guest

You know it, Pam. As much as people here have given their two cents, or even three, in advice and commentary, there comes a time when someone should figure out that perhaps it is not the world that is wrong?

The guy asked how to be ex-communicated from the Catholic Church and it turns into an attack? Maybe he's serious, maybe it's written in humor? Maybe being "grown up" sucks. Maybe we grow up we grow old and die! Maybe we all got it wrong we just think we know everything?

Vox Guest

Maybe you should be excommunicated too? Start a list. Send it to the pope, and see if you get something back. I will wait.
    But really, knowing that being grown up really does not suck, is telling. Life is what you make it, and you and someone cant handle making it what passes for normal.
    Last edited by Vox; March-16-11 at 12:39 PM.

Catholic teachings have done a lot of damage to alot of peoples minds. So have other teachings. Our minds are constantly poisoned by gobblegook. Smart people like George Carlion said, "Question Everything!" even our own made-up minds. The most least arrogant thing you can say to anything is, "I don't know."

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post
    Catholic teachings have done a lot of damage to alot of peoples minds. So have other teachings. Our minds are constantly poisoned by gobblegook. Smart people like George Carlion said, "Question Everything!" even our own made-up minds. The most least arrogant thing you can say to anything is, "I don't know."
    I'm not following that comment. Explain?
    And who is George Carlion? Some theologian?

Making a fuss about excommunication to show the Catholic Church you don't care about it is kind of like going to your ex-girlfriends house in the middle of the night and yelling at her window how you are totally over her while tears run down your cheeks.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    The fact is, even though you're a "Cradle Catholic" you're not really a "Catholic", per se. I'm quite sure you haven't made your Easter duties in years. That's traditionally the way people "keep current" on their relationship with the Church.

You cannot erase your past. More importantly, excommunication is used for only the most egregious acts against the Church and its teachings. Your wish for excommunication is hardly constitutes such an action. If you don't wish to worship with with Catholics or choose to ignore the teachings of the faith, then be gone with you. Methinks an excommunication is something you would like to use as a "bragable" item. To use as a flag to show others just how "special" you believe yourself to be.

Gannon, grow up. Get a steady job. Go about the business of being a grownup. You'll find that you don't have time for such silly musings when you're busy with the actual business of being an adult.

Of course, I expect you to take this as an "attack" on your character. Of course, it isn't, but I don't expect you to view it as such.

I don't know where to start with this, so I'll just say the least I can to avoid encountering your assinine preprogrammed judgement again.

IF you are baptized AND confirmed in the Catholic Church, you are counted as one until you die.

AS SOON AS anyone can prove otherwise, that is what I have come to understand.

I simply do not want to be counted in their worldwide accounting scam any longer.

Simple as that.

As for the rest of it...wow. I will bring out that note from my 7th grade teacher once more, it seems to be time to defend myself again.

If I remember correctly, you were the one who had the most difficult time with me turning late-night red lights into four-way stops. You couldn't get it through your head that it did NOT equate with 'blowing through them'. LOL.

Sincerely,
    John J. Gannon
    ex-Catholic just wantin' it to be official

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    Making a fuss about excommunication to show the Catholic Church you don't care about it is kind of like going to your ex-girlfriends house in the middle of the night and yelling at her window how you are totally over her while tears run down your cheeks.
    Brilliant!

I know, right?!

But if SHE kept going around keeping me in the count of all her harem of guys...LOL!

I asked a simple question.

NOBODY has given me an answer.

All I hear is noise, and a shit-TON of judgement and attack.

Do any of you ever truly think of how programmed you are, and how you all freak out whenever anyone challenges the ASSUMPTIONS you've made?

If you are all the finest examples of growing up, then I sincerely NEVER, EVER want to join that group.

Count me out of that, too, please!

Much love,
    John

Do any of you ever truly think of how programmed you are
    You are only programmed to think we are programmed, when really it is you who are programmed. You probably wouldn't understand, mere linear thinking won't get you to the answer! This and many other things require my immediate perceptions, so I'll have to leave this fool's errand to the fools!

Cheers!

LD,

I've decided to reconsider. Your post was too much to ignore. I really tried.

How in any way, shape, or form is your post NOT an attack upon me and my character and my choices in life?!

I just re-read it.

You went after my religious practices.

You assumed a ton about something, and indicated I am within some group I've never heard of...which sounded quite derogatory to boot.

You know NOTHING of my pursuit of Catholicism, my studies AND devotion...and what sent me packing AS SOON AS I WAS ABLE.

You know NOTHING of my spiritual life afterwards.

You know nothing of WHY I asked this question...assuming that I wanted to 'erase' something from my past. I do not, and WILL not disavow anything I've ever chosen to do...nor avoid that which had ever been done TO me.

Read that again so it sinks in. Now, read it again. Do you understand?! I surely hope so.

If you think I would brag about any separation from Rome, you have no idea about me. MOST people who know me in person know that I am not a braggart, I rarely consider myself at all. I've spent the past twenty years in a constant study on how to put my ego to death, which is one of the KEY things Jesus is recorded to have taught. You would know it as 'dying to oneself'.

And then the direct comment regarding my employment status. THAT was a nice dig, and you want me to go with your fantasy that you AREN'T attacking me?! You don't have ANY idea what I'm involved with in my life. I don't even want to know what you imagine it is that I do.

According to you, becoming an adult means putting to death all wonder and awe and hope and...apparently...joy. You have at least one foot already in the grave. You might as well go on and jump all the way in.

I'll stay on this side of the dirt for a while, and strive to make this place better for the rest of those who wish to actually enjoy life.

Sincerely,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; March-16-11 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    You are only programmed to think we are programmed, when really it is you who are programmed. You probably wouldn't understand, mere linear thinking won't get you to the answer! This and many other things require my immediate perceptions, so I'll have to leave this fool's errand to the fools!

Cheers!

Thanks for the grin in the midst of all this heat, JL.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    Just walk quietly away. No need to maintain a relationship that is over and done with.
    I've done that, years ago.

Found out they still count me, and I want that to stop.

Simple as that. No fussin'. No drama on MY part.

I just want to make certain I'm not in the count.

Sincerely,
    John

I just got a private post from a forumer who usually chooses to ignore me. I honor their anonymity, even though I do NOT think they deserve it.

Today 03:50 PM

It's probably time for you to figure out that almost nobody buys into your phony horseshit anymore. The image, of yourself, that you try to project has a bald spot that just keeps growing and growing.

To which I replied:

Thanks!

This is going onto the forum publicly, because I will not engage you, or anyone, regarding this in private.

Cheers

So the shitstorm continues.

I asked a simple question, anyone actually have an answer for me yet?!

Sincerely,
    John

Get water baptized as an adult. When baptized as a baby, you didn't choose too. Your parents chose for you. All you were thinking of is a warm teat, or bottle and a dry diaper. In Gods eyes, it didn't count. Get full immersion, and read the bible. It tells you all about baptism. The God in the bible doesn't acknowledge or accept, the baby sprinkling. It says you must be reborn again as an adult. Born once, die forever. Born twice, live forever. Good luck.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast