Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Picture of Michigan Central

Can anyone here help a poor publisher, visiting from the Soulful Detroit forum?

This picture appeared on this forum a while back, and I'm wondering if I can use it as part of a cover design. Does anyone know how far back it goes - ie, out of copyright - or who owns it?

Would appreciate the benefit of your knowledge.

Attachment 1214

Retroit Guest

Send the royalty money to me...

...and I won't tell on you!

[[Hey, isn't that how things work in this city?)
    Last edited by Retroit; May-15-09 at 06:48 PM.

I like your style, Retroit. Would you be running for office at all? You should see our English politicians. I wish I could send them to you. I don't think your lot could be any worse.

I believe that picture is contained as one the pictures of the MCS in this paperback book that I bought at Barnes and Noble for my personal collection, since I worked at the MCS in the 70s.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...E=&CID=41&PBL=

It is in a storage rental since I moved, so I don't have access to the book right now, but if you go to a BN, and look for that book, it might have the name of the owner of the picture listed in the credits section.

Stosh Guest

Check with the author. She would know where she got the photo from .

Kelli B. Kavanaugh is currently administrator of the Corktown Citizens District Council, which represents the interests of the neighborhood adjacent to the Michigan Central Station. In addition, she spent time as the contributing editor of Motormouth, a local magazine and web site.

She currently blogs here:

http://www.metromodemedia.com/blogs/...naugh5108.aspx

And works here. I'd contact her through Model D.

http://www.modeldmedia.com/

Kelli B. Kavanaugh is Model D's development news editor and writes a weekly column, Green Space, for metromode. She also frequently writes for the Metro Times.

Prior to becoming a full-time freelance writer, she worked for eight years in community development in the Corktown neighborhood of Detroit, where she still resides. She is still involved in her community, serving on the boards of the Greater Corktown Development Corporation and the Old Tiger Stadium Conservancy.

Kelli moved to Detroit in 1994 to attend the University of Detroit Mercy, from which she graduated with a degree in civil and environmental engineering.
    Hope this helps some.
    Last edited by Stosh; May-15-09 at 06:46 PM.

Flanders and Slosh:

Thanks so much for your help. I'll try and contact Kelli.