Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default DetroitYES Masthead & Sidebar Photos AWOL

Is it just me or are these photos missing for others too? Here's what I'm seeing today:

Last edited by Jimaz; November-05-09 at 07:27 PM.

That's all I'm seeing, Jim. Either Lowell is tweaking the system, or the new system is giving Lowell a fit. I hope it's the former.

Thanks, Ray. I truly miss seeing that big rusty Detroit storm drain grate up there.

Bump.

Lowell, are you out there?

5. Default

I am seeing them here... hmmm

I am tweaking but totally not related items. For instance you can now post in the quick reply box without having to click a QR for a specific post. I disabled that annoyance which is not good for threaded view, but then I don't think that many people use it.

Also I have finally figured out how to hide certain fields in profiles, like last names.
    Last edited by Lowell; May-17-09 at 02:20 PM.

Strange. I'm still getting the blanks as Jimaz posted. Gremlins.

I upgraded my Adobe Flash Player to v. 10.0.22.87 and rebooted but they're still blank.

http://www.detroityes.com/HeaderFlash/99-index-header.htm shows up as a black masthead for me, in case that means anything.

The change to the Quick Reply box was a stroke of genius, Lowell. Thx.

9. Default

How about now? I found some Flash quirks. When the page ran in frames it was fine, outside of it I finally got it to error out. Thanks for pointing this out Jimaz and Ray.

You're most welcome, Lowell.

They're still coming up blank for me.

Let me know how I can help. Best foot forward for Detroit and all that.

11. Default

Try clearing your caches and restarting your browser. Thanks.

Cache cleared, browser restarted. Still blank.

Is there some URL I could try to go directly to the photos? Maybe my firewall is blocking it?

It's blank for me also.

Cache cleared, complete reboot, still nada. No problems with any other web sites or programs.

As I said, gremlins.

15. Default

Now I am truly stumped. To those of you who with this issues... Can you see the animation on the left or is just the one on top missing? How long has this been happening? Has it been on and off or just off?

Thanks for you assistance.

For the techs out there... Both are Flash animations using a Flash component called Slide Show Pro. The images are called into the Flash [.swf] file via an xml file. Very handy because changing images requires only adding images to a folder and editing the xml file. One does not have to open the file in Flash.

The animation on the left sidebar is still just whitespace for me, like the image at the top of this thread. I'm pretty sure I started this thread no more than 24 hours after first noticing the problem. The masthead at the top of the page is still black. The problem has been constant since I first noticed it. It hasn't been "on and off."

Personally, I don't care about this. I'm reporting it only as a quality control service so that DetroitYES appears well to newcomers.

No one other than Lowell has reported seeing the images that were missing from the screenshot in the top post on this thread.

If anyone other than Lowell can still see those images in the live webpage, let us know here. Maybe that will help narrow the scope of the problem.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Jimaz; May-18-09 at 10:05 PM.

18. Default

How about now? I just tried a retro version....

I did it on the top animation, not the side one yet.

Are you sure this isn't an out west thing? Ray in Nevada and Jim in AZ. I mean, you know, that is area 51 and nuclear testing stuff and...
    Last edited by Lowell; May-18-09 at 10:39 PM.

I have it all, if that helps.

LOL! No, I moved to Shelby Twp. about 3 years ago. Phoenix stinks ... literally.

Hey! The top image is working fine now! The sidebar image is still whitespace.

Top animation now works for me.

The side does not.

For what it's worth I'm hanging in New England at the moment.

Top animation is there, but the left sidebar is still blank. Yeah, I agree...not complaining, just noticing. Very curious happening.

Lowell might have somethng, though. I'm only 50 miles from Area 51, but I don't see really how that could have an efff;lk348708798 <<<got that, mork?>>>348908457udf;<<<yeh, zap him again, Doc>>> 89034yri34......................

I lost the top pictures for a few days but they came back yesterday, cycling just like it ever was. The left side has all the regular stuff, except the picture area says "Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player." instead of the Betty picture. I thought I had done it to myself when I reloaded Adobe Flash Player.

I'm running the most recent Adobe Flash as of May 17. Running XP and using Firefox 3.0.10.

Um....I'm using IE 7 for my browser, on Vista. Wonder if that makes any dif? I keep getting blurpies to upgrade to IE 8, but being a firm believer in "if it works, don't fix it", haven't done it.

I just logged in via IE 7 and now I get the same side view [[white box) as JimAZ posted. The top pictures are working just fine, except I think the Tigers are losing that game.

So Ray, any unexplained cuts or bruises? Memory gaps? Hmmmm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast