Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Obama pledges money to rebuild Japan

Nice gesture.

What about us, the taxpaying American citizenry?
    Throw the dog a bone man!
    The Japanese have a fiat money system...like you and I...let their insurers pay for damages and let struggling Americans off the hook.

Why is it when something catastrophic happens everyone comes running to the US with their hands out begging for money when otherwise they pretty much tell us to F*** off? And we always give, give, give! All of the money we have doled out over all of these natural disasters in recent years it seems we could have rebuilt the power grid, the national highway system, and the overhauled the nations public school system. Where does all of this money come from when the government is in trillions of dollars of debt? Don't get me wrong, this is a horrific event and I feel for anyone who has ever had to deal with something like this, but it seems like there is never money to improve deplorable conditions in the US but there is always money to help others. I just don't get it.

What does this have to do with Detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    What does this have to do with Detroit?
    Nothing...
    Go back to sleep.

It is only fair to give them as much help as they did with Katrina.

News channels also noting that the US has 38,000 troops stationed in Japan.

Hello? World War Two ended 66 years ago. Whaddahell are we still doing there?????

GUSHI Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    News channels also noting that the US has 38,000 troops stationed in Japan.

Hello? World War Two ended 66 years ago. Whaddahell are we still doing there?????

The United States Forces Japan, or USFJ [[在日米軍, Zainichi Beigun?) refers to the various divisions of the United States Armed Forces that are stationed in Japan. Under the Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security between the United States and Japan, the United States is obliged to defend Japan in close cooperation with the Japan Self-Defense Forces for maritime defense, ballistic missile defense, domestic air control, communications security [[COMSEC) and disaster response operations.
    Contents

[hide]

I'm sure there are enough treats in that treaty that would pay for all the education shortfalls in all of the un"treated" US states combined.

To the tune of $500,000,000 for each state each year.

NO!bama can't rebuild the US, couldn't get unemployment extension to laid-off workers, couldn't pass half-ass medical care reform, couldn't extend taxes for the richest 1%, basically has been neutered by republicrats, how the hell is he going to rebuild or even offer financial assistance to Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    It is only fair to give them as much help as they did with Katrina.
    The Japanese Foreign Ministry has said that it would provide USD 200,000 to the American Red Cross to assist victims of Hurricane Katrina. Japan will also identify needs in affected regions via the U.S. government and will provide up to USD 300,000 in emergency supplies such as tents, blankets and power generators if they receive requests from the U.S. for such assistance.
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/di...l-aid-response

$500K. I think we should be able to swing it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    NO!bama can't rebuild the US, couldn't get unemployment extension to laid-off workers, couldn't pass half-ass medical care reform, couldn't extend taxes for the richest 1%, basically has been neutered by republicrats, how the hell is he going to rebuild or even offer financial assistance to Japan?
    By subsidizing all the industrial and agricultural "interests" that can gain from this kind of intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    By subsidizing all the industrial and agricultural "interests" that can gain from this kind of intervention.
    Thanks canuck. I realize there are moral, ethical, financial and economic reasons that make sense. I'm wondering about the NO!bama's political ability. NO!bama has been neutered.

This sounds similar to the middle east and north africa's dilemma. They bitch and moan about "american presence" in the area and their "meddling" and then bitch and moan that the USA
    isn't helping them when they are shot at by the dictators.

So a question to the rest of the planet. Either you want the USA's help [[and all that may come with it; you decide what that is) ort you don't. It can't be both ways.

As for this...I think it is shit. Yes help the people! Get food, clothing and medical assistance to them all but help rebuild with USA money? Fuck that. They have their own insurance companies, their own gov't let them build it.

Ray1936 without U.S soldiers there China might be a bit more reckless in their ambitions. If it weren't for the US being all over the world with the world's largest Navy, it wouldn't have the leverage it does nor the supremacy. And your lifestyle and quality of life woulnd't be as good as it is.

That is true Goat, especially since China still considers Taiwan to still be theirs. The troops in Japan are also there to support the troops in South Korea, should the North Korean wacko act out his insanity.

Good call jiminnm. I had totally forgot about that nutbar.