Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Question about a building

I seen some where a picture of an old warehouse? I remember it had a K Mart stuck up against it and was alongside the rail line ? I cannot seem to find it anymore,any ideas ?

If its in the Detroit area it might be the Plymouth Rd and Southfield, the Conner/Warren or the Outer Drive/Dix stores. The pic would be old as these stores have been closed a long time.

The KMart was mentioned as vacant in the pic ,the building in question is a multi story very old something that was also vacant.

It wasn't the old one on Sherwood was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1979 View Post
    It wasn't the old one on Sherwood was it?
    That's the one it seems like [[the rail line is behind it and the huge warehosue is immediately to the right of it on Sherwood).

The Warren/Conner stoer likely isn't vacant presently. I believe the Southfield/Plymouth location was closer to the freeway away from the railroad and it's not vacant either [[occupied by a mega church).

The only other possibility is the Outer Drive/Dix location but the smaller individual warehouses are divided by a side street.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daycoppens/4103829637/

Is this the building?

Found this in another thread.
    Check out the K-mart at Outer Dive and Sherwood sometime. I believe it closed in the same round of closings as the one at 13 Mile. It's already been painted lime-green and yellow,[[when it opened briefly as a flea market) then it was burned, then somebody rammed a car through it, now it's been graffitied top-to-bottom.
    Second K-mart ever downtown.

I love these ads.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; March-25-11 at 02:19 PM.