Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Michigan central station petition

I don't know if anyone else has posted this but heres a link to the save MCS Petition.
    http://www.michigancentraldepot.com/petition/

Done!

<313>

Done done and done....

Jeeze oh Pete can we just tear the damned thing down and move on toward defining out future? The train station as beautiful as it was, has become a symbol of our failure as a modern city. It’s depressing for Gods sake

Quote Originally Posted by rajdet View Post
    Jeeze oh Pete can we just tear the damned thing down and move on toward defining out future? The train station as beautiful as it was, has become a symbol of our failure as a modern city. It’s depressing for Gods sake
    And can be the symbol of future success!

Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    And can be the symbol of future success!
    Point taken, and I hope you are right, but look at Tiger Stadium setting there, not really belonging to the past or of the future.

it deserves to be taken out of matty moroun's hands completely, if it is to be redeveloped... i don't want him making any kind of hand-over-fist money at all concerning this.. that's the problem with all these slumlords & speculators sitting on derelict properties...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    it deserves to be taken out of matty moroun's hands completely, if it is to be redeveloped... i don't want him making any kind of hand-over-fist money at all concerning this.. that's the problem with all these slumlords & speculators sitting on derelict properties...
    I agree with that

Tiger Stadium is not a symbol of failure. It is a symbol that if regular citizens fight tooth and nail, they can accomplish big things...

Just wait, TS will happen - barring a rash move on the part of George Jackson.

I signed!

Stromberg2

one more for MCS

Stosh Guest

Somebody please clarify something for me. Will anyone really take this seriously? Especially the city of Detroit?

Read this link regarding e-petitions from snopes.com

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp

one more from me!

Retroit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Somebody please clarify something for me. Will anyone really take this seriously? Especially the city of Detroit?
    No, but it might work 1/4 of the way, like Tiger Stadium. I wonder what 1/4 of the MCS left standing would look like? Photoshop, anyone?

Why would you want to save this. Things in Detoit are in such decay and ruin they need to be torn down. I could understand if we were in the mid 90's but come on. The place is a pile.

Detroit isn't the only city with an image problem dealing with ruins....

I wish that the people of Rome would finally get off their ass and do something about this eyesore in the middle of their city.... it's way beyond repair...

And worst of all it much uglier than the MCS in its' current condition.

Damn those building huggers!

Wow...lol @ that

This may be the only "ruin" worth saving but I wont sign any petition unless there is a plan outside of it sitting there abandoned for another 20 years.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Detroit isn't the only city with an image problem dealing with ruins....

I wish that the people of Rome would finally get off their ass and do something about this eyesore in the middle of their city.... it's way beyond repair...

And worst of all it much uglier than the MCS in its' current condition.

Damn those building huggers!
    Certainly, Gistok. I wonder how much the Italian government has plopped down since the middle of the 18th century for stabilization of those ruins?

A tenth of that would probably fix the MCS, the Book and the Packard plant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post

Read this link regarding e-petitions from snopes.com

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp
    Well, it certainly helped save the Lafayette Building for the short term. Now with Bing in office, of course, it might be in trouble again.