Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Let's see what DY has this time v. The Cheesecake Factory

A friend posted on FB that she wished there was a Cheesecake Factory in Michigan. Somebody else replied that CF actually started in Detroit. I looked it up on Wikipedia and I found this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheesecake_Factory . Do any of you have information about the Overton family and their history in Detroit?

Yeah, I remember something like that. My friend's wife worked there [[Hancock building location) and mentioned it started in Detroit, but was restarted out in LA.

Detroit should shoot for their Grand Lux Cafe restaurant instead. The one here in Chicago has a vaulted ceiling that looks alot like the guardian building ceiling.

It would be a switch, as they seem to only put the Grand Lux where there main brand is well established.

Since Indianapolis has two Chessecake Factories and Dayton one, and our chances seem slim to get one, perhaps the writing is on the wall the try to have Al Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro [[a replica of the CF created by the former owner of both Popeye's and Church's) that is in some southern cities instead of CF).

http://www.copelandscheesecakebistro.com/

It would be a switch, as they seem to only put the Grand Lux where their main brand is well established.

Since Indianapolis has two Chessecake Factories and Dayton one, and our chances seem slim to get one, perhaps the writing is on the wall to instead try to lure Al Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro to Detroit. The bistro is a replica of the CF created by the former owner of both Popeye's and Church's) that is in some southern cities instead of CF.

http://www.copelandscheesecakebistro.com/

Augustiner Guest

Dear God, not this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustiner View Post
    Would it not be cool if they put a Cheesecake factory in Ford Field or the National?

I didn't start this as a "Let's get a CF" thread. I wanted to know if anybody on DY remembers the founders before they left for CA.

Quote Originally Posted by xphillipjrx View Post
    I didn't start this as a "Let's get a CF" thread. I wanted to know if anybody on DY remembers the founders before they left for CA.
    There can't be more than a handful of people on here who were even born before they left Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by xphillipjrx View Post
    Then why did you put "The Cheesecake Factory" in the name of the God damned thread?

If you want to know about the Overton Family, say, "OVERTON FAMILY".

-------

As a rule, I don't eat at places with the word "factory" in the name. And huge portions of food scare the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Then why did you put "The Cheesecake Factory" in the name of the God damned thread?

You skinny people scare the Hell out of me,lol. I'm one of those people that when I return to
    my table at the 'all you can eat'....It looks like I tried to get one of everything on my plate, first
    time around. Teetering and balancing, spilling and apologizing !!!
    Of course, you can tell by looking at me, my M.O.
    Cheesecake,mmmmmmmmmm.
    -------

As a rule, I don't eat at places with the word "factory" in the name. And huge portions of food scare the hell out of me.
    You skinny people scare the Hell out of me,lol. I'm one of those people that when I return to
    my table at the 'all you can eat'....It looks like I tried to get one of everything on my plate, first
    time around. Teetering and balancing, spilling and apologizing !!!
    Of course, you can tell by looking at me, my M.O.
    Cheesecake,mmmmmmmmmm.
    -------

-------

Just how many people would have any idea who the Overton family is without the connector to Cheesecake Factory?

The appetizers at CF are full meals. That's all I ever really eat going there, aside from going there just for desert. While it's a longstanding joke here on DYES, pretty much since this site was started , Detroit needs to focus on creating its own original food addictions [[like Slows). I live about a block from the Cheesecake factory here in Chicago. It's cool being close when friends come into town and they want to get Cheesecake at like 11:30 PM, but the close proximity is nothing to get excited about.

Proslack Guest

-------

maybe if people made a habit of READING more than a headline before they jump into posting, there would be little confusion about what the article is actually about.

David Overton moved to California shortly after graduating from Wayne State, then convinced his parents to move their bakery from Detroit to Los Angeles and he opened the first Cheesecake Factory in Beverly Hills, CA.

I wish their was one in Michigan as well, I ate at one in the Pallisades Mall just outside of New York City about 5-6 years ago and liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Proslack View Post
    maybe if people made a habit of READING more than a headline before they jump into posting, there would be little confusion about what the article is actually about.
    It's about the same subject that has mentioned in over 100 threads [[most non-related) over the last 12 years on this forum... it seems to have an almost cult like following for some on the forum.... .... much to the chagrin of the rest...

I had to "lol" when I read this. I haven't posted in this forum in ages and the third thread I see relates to the C.F.