Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Wisconsin Cheeeesssseee

Hail the new plutocracy. Wiscon-Sin leading the way. Kill the working man's hope for dignity, bennefits and a middlin chance at the good life. How dare the middle class think for a moment that they should see security in their futures. The rich and rich politicals and the pressure of big money to bribe the controllable lesser politicians, hungry to share in the corruption know as political office. They all know better of course. Just make sure the have nots blame unions, not a corrupted system of deprivation to a vast constituancy.

Never been union, but they have my 100% support. If not for them, we would still see indentured servitude as a primary source of cheap labor fueling the top ten % life styles.

The degradation of our "democratic" society is closing in. A decent life is exclusive of a large percent of the population. I doubt the dumbing down of Americans is pure chance. We still have the best and the brightest but denied a real education, serious future voices get excluded.

Limit to the masses, pure pablum, in terms of serious news. Bombard the population with foundless news bites. News channels controlled by an elite few. Stuff the "idiots" with celeb non news. Subdue the masses with moronic drivel couched as hard news.

It takes a lot to get this old fart middle aged woman pissed off. This was the final straw. Time to get vocal again, time to get busy!
    Last edited by sumas; March-10-11 at 07:34 PM. Reason: word change

Will I see you in Lansing on Wednesday at noon? Rick Snyder is Scott Walker only more deceitful.

Sumas, I agree although I think the problem goes beyond what you suggest. There will not ever again be a demand for private [[non-public) unions until there is again a demand for US labor. There will be no demand for US labor as long as it makes more sense to move production facilities overseas or hire Americans domestically. Only 7% of private sector US workers are union members and the number is decreasing.

Anyway, here is President Obama's most recent attack on US union jobs.
    President Obama, Michael Moore, Jesse Jackson and various national unions have all chimed in on the labor and budget related events in Madison. While the mass media was covering all this, it ignored labor events in Washington, D.C..

When Senator Obama ran for office, he vowed to renegotiate NAFTA . He hasn’t . Instead he expanded the free trade agreement with S. Korea last December. A week ago, the President signed a trucking agreement with Mexico which allows Mexican drivers to take away American truckers’ jobs. The press, meanwhile, remains silent on the hypocrisy and diverts attention to Madison.

Senator Obama and NAFTA
    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...resident-obama

Electrical workers union opposed the Korean trade pact
    http://www.ibew.org/articles/10daily...0_KoreaFTA.htm

Independent truckers opposed Mexican truck deal
    http://www.ooida.com/MediaCenter/Pre...1/030311.shtml

Teamsters opposed Mexican truck deal
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...ch-truck-deal/
    Last edited by oladub; March-10-11 at 08:02 PM. Reason: lousy grammar

Ola, I apologize, I have been semi brain dead while dealing with personal family stuff. I haven't kept up as I should have on domestic issues. Of course the issues are way more complicated than my short rant.

Red, at first I was going to say boy I would like to but....! Then, I thought long and hard and just might make it in my 19 yr old American made Ford which still runs great.

Not bashing China, they have done a great job saturating our market with cheap crap. Great marketing and market leverage on their part. Kudos

I like a bargain as well as the next person, but my dogs started to barf cheap dog treats bought from Aldis, you guessed it, source China. To the victors go the spoils but I am tired of spoiled shoddy goods. Sad to think my dogs have better taste in product [[is that a pun?) than I do!

There is a demand for American goods just no government support to bring those goods to market.

Sumas, check around town, churches and union halls will have buses and ride sharing. As I find them, I'll post them. What side of town are you on?

Great post, Sumas -- I appreciate the rant!! Also a great post, Oladub. That trucking deal has me so angry, and barely a whisper heard about it in the media -- it's going to decimate the American trucking industry.

If we could just get rid of NAFTA, that would be the first step on the road to recovery. When Dennis Kucinich ran for President he repeatedly stated that if elected his first order of business would be to repeal NAFTA [[not just renegotiate it), but everyone was too caught up in the hope and change [[that didn't materialize) to pay much attention to Kucinich.