Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Yahoo's "Most Under-rated Cities" in the world

Guess which city in the world in number 1?

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-38446701

Quote Originally Posted by Parkguy View Post

Haha, what a surprise, makes sense though.

As great as this is doesn't anyone else get sick of these pointless rankings?

Wait, when you are number 1 you are supposed to say how accurate those rankings are!

LOL! Since Yahoo! rankings is such a prestigious honor!

Quote Originally Posted by Parkguy View Post

Where in that article does it indicate that any of those ten cities are ranked an any particular order?

Quote Originally Posted by 5speedz34 View Post
    LOL! Since Yahoo! rankings is such a prestigious honor!
    You should have read more closely. It's not by Yahoo!, it's a list put together by Travel and Leisure magazine... And that's a pretty big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    You should have read more closely. It's not by Yahoo!, it's a list put together by Travel and Leisure magazine... And that's a pretty big deal.
    LOL take it with a grain of salt, I'm now pretty familiar with travel and leisure magazine. I believe it was some promotion through american express but i got this magazine for the past year. I suppose it might be useful to someone with money but it just got to be annoying flipping through all these exotic vacation destinations while unemployed and penniless. I started to roll my eyes when it showed up in the mail [[fortunately i canceled having it renewed) The last thing i recall seeing in there was an article about women's "safari" wear in which one ensemble cost about 13 grand....i kid you not. I do think its a little funny though that they ranked detroit #1 but i could never find any detroit articles in the magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by rencense View Post
    LOL take it with a grain of salt, I'm now pretty familiar with travel and leisure magazine. I believe it was some promotion through american express but i got this magazine for the past year. I suppose it might be useful to someone with money but it just got to be annoying flipping through all these exotic vacation destinations while unemployed and penniless. I started to roll my eyes when it showed up in the mail [[fortunately i canceled having it renewed) The last thing i recall seeing in there was an article about women's "safari" wear in which one ensemble cost about 13 grand....i kid you not. I do think its a little funny though that they ranked detroit #1 but i could never find any detroit articles in the magazine.
    I don't follow the magazine extremely close, but it is probably the most widely read travel magazine.

You probably didn't see Detroit on the list because it isn't/wasn't on the list of American cities that they regularly profile. I noticed that about a year ago. Detroit was by far the largest city that got no promotion whatsoever from them.

I just want to know why Chernobyl keeps getting snubbed...