Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Slouching towards Plutocracy

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...50-503544.html

Sixty percent of Senate freshman and more than 40 percent of House freshmen are millionaires, according to an analysis from the Center for Responsive Politics.

Quelle surprise!

The best government that money can buy...

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...50-503544.html

Sixty percent of Senate freshman and more than 40 percent of House freshmen are millionaires, according to an analysis from the Center for Responsive Politics.
    Last year, according to a link from your article, "In the House, five Democrats and five Republicans make up the 10 wealthiest members, while in the Senate, six Democrats and four Republicans make up the top 10." The number of Republicans millionaires seems to have surpassed the number of Democratic millionaires last November.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Last year, according to a link from your article, "In the House, five Democrats and five Republicans make up the 10 wealthiest members, while in the Senate, six Democrats and four Republicans make up the top 10." The number of Republicans millionaires seems to have surpassed the number of Democratic millionaires last November.
    When nearly all of the candidates are [[b)millionaires, does it surprise you that the numbers vary each election? I was going to say, 'of each party', but then I caught myself - we have but one party in our good old democracy. That's why I refer to them as the republicrats and demicans.