Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default I just bought a 2010 Ford Fusion SEL

Hello YesDetroit!

Guess what I bought? A 2010 Ford Fusion SEL, and she is one beautiful car. This car’s transmission is assembled in Sterling Heights, which is then sent to Wayne, Michigan located on Michigan Avenue. This is where the car is fully assembled. This vehicle is amazing eye candy, and it rides like a Lincoln. I will certainly keep everyone posted as to the performance and durability as we go. However, I fully expect this car’s report to be outstanding. Thanks Ford for making such a fine car. I am certainly proud to be an owner of the Fusion—an American made and assembled automobile.
    God Bless the Motor City of Detroit, and God Bless America!
    Restore our land Lord Jesus, please.

Johnnie Sue Bridges

First, it's DetroitYes, and second, your car was made in Mexico.

stinkbug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie Sue Bridges View Post
    Hello YesDetroit!

Guess what I bought? A 2010 Ford Fusion SEL, and she is one beautiful car. This car’s transmission is assembled in Sterling Heights, which is then sent to Wayne, Michigan located on Michigan Avenue. This is where the car is fully assembled. This vehicle is amazing eye candy, and it rides like a Lincoln. I will certainly keep everyone posted as to the performance and durability as we go. However, I fully expect this car’s report to be outstanding. Thanks Ford for making such a fine car. I am certainly proud to be an owner of the Fusion—an American made and assembled automobile.
    God Bless the Motor City of Detroit, and God Bless America!
    Restore our land Lord Jesus, please.

Johnnie Sue Bridges
    I hope you like your ride. Keep us posted.
    Last edited by stinkbug; May-15-09 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie Sue Bridges View Post
    God Bless the Motor City of Detroit, and God Bless America! Restore our land Lord Jesus, please.

Johnnie Sue Bridges
    Because the rest of the world doesn't need to be blessed, eh? I think Jesus has better things to do than to help our greedy asses, just sayin'.

Congrats on the new vehicle. I'm digging the Ford Flex. Wish it had bigger seats though.

Hello milt721
    Thank you for making mention of my error in writing YesDetroit, I stand corrected. However, I do say Yes to Detroit and in my excitement to tell you of my new 2010 Ford Fusion SEL, I got it wrong.

A Ford worker told me that this car’s transmission is assembled in Sterling Heights of [[which this is his personal job). Then the car is fully assembled in Wayne, Michigan located on Michigan Avenue. If this is incorrect, I am still a proud owner of an American Made Car!

Thank you, stinkbug, I am beside myself about my new ride!
    Johnnie Sue

Islandman,

Whether anyone on this planet wants to admit it or not, us Americans help folks all over this world. When we are blessed, the rest of the world is blessed. Besides, Jesus always has time for anyone that makes time for Him, including you and I.

Retroit Guest

The transmission is made in Japan, 40% of the parts are made in Mexico [[including the engine), 55% of the parts are made in the US or Canada, and the car is assembled in Hermasillo, Mexico.

http://www.wherecarsaremade.com/

To all of you raining on this woman's parade, thank you. This region needs more people like you.

Agreed. DetroitYES eats itself...

Quote Originally Posted by Hans57 View Post
    To all of you raining on this woman's parade, thank you. This region needs more people like you.
    How does correcting one's misinformed opinion raining on their parade? She believes it's an American-made vehicle based on hearsay, yet that website claims otherwise [[though its facts don't seem to have much in the way of citation.) ***cue Babs***

She lost me at the whole "Jesus has time for those who make time for him." More Christian superiority complex that makes me want to vom...

It's a little breezy to be trolling today.

Johnnie Sue, enjoy your new car, and count your blessings as you choose. Keep us posted as to what you like and dislike about your Fusion.

She acted upon her information from a knowledgeable source, so get off her back already. I hope the new car lives up to its beautiful looks, and that it provides many miles of joyful driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    It's a little breezy to be trolling today.
    Nice to see you're taking this in stride.
    If you want to, you could edit your original post by summing it up as a "North American Made" car. Maybe that'll settle some of these people down. Then again, maybe not, because there's always a jackass that has an axe to grind no matter the subject.
    In any case, enjoy your new ride & may it be trouble free.

Buy American Guest

Congratulations Johnnie Sue! I hope you have many years of enjoyment with your new car.

WHAT YOU DRIVE, DRIVES AMERICA!

All you crapehangers out there will never see the true value of purchasing one of the Big 3.

Thanks everyone,
    I have never owned a brand-new vehicle before. I was always told that when you drove them off the lot, you lost a few grand right away, so I always bought them a couple years old. I am a hardworking woman that loves her country, and I love all people everywhere. Of course it saddens me about the poverty stricken people that suffer so.

I think that if each person does what he or she can do, to make things head in the right direction, then you can feel as though you made a difference. I cannot change the world on my own; it takes us all pulling together, but I can do a small part—we all can.

And to you ThaFuzz, I certainly hope you do not vomit very long, you’ll dehydrate yourself. Then, you’ll be asking someone for help.

If you type your ford Vin# into here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp

It will tell you country of origin and which plant did the final assembly. My new Edge was built in Oakville Ontario.

Retroit Guest

Can anyone provide more accurate documentation of the point of origin of this car and its transmission? If this woman was misled into buying a car that she thought was American made, I see no reason not to correct this misinformation. If a person buys a foreign made Ford instead of a foreign made Toyota, that is a good thing. But if they buy a foreign made Ford when they thought they were buying an American made Ford, how is that not wrong?

[quote=Retroit;20172]The transmission is made in Japan, 40% of the parts are made in Mexico [[including the engine), 55% of the parts are made in the US or Canada, and the car is assembled in Hermasillo, Mexico.

http://www.wherecarsaremade.com/[/quote]

While I will not argue the fact that the Fusion is assembled in Hermasillo, Mexico, I have some problems with the accuracy of the information this website is reporting. I just hope that in the future, media types and bloggers cite to more reliable sources such as Ward's, Polk, or Automotive News.

First, not all Camrys and Accords sold in the U.S. are built in the U.S. or
    Canada. I don't have the exact current figures, but Toyota and Honda still import Camrys and Accords into the U.S. [[back in 2006 it was around 10%).

Second, this website's figures don't take into account for two factors that would otherwise highly skew the numbers: [[1) foreign auto makers often ship parts into the U.S. and then assemble them here in the U.S. to get their U.S. content up, and [[2) they often purchase parts from foreign suppliers w/production facilities in the U.S. but have otherwise very limited operations here in the U.S.

Don't believe me? Heck, what would I know, I only worked as an automotive analyst for a very large Japanese automotive supplier for a few years and learned all the tricks of the trade.

The 2009 Fusions were assembled in Mexico. The 2010 Fusion is a completely new model. I don't know where it's assembled. However, it's not made at the Ford plant in Wayne on Michigan Ave. That plant used to make SUVs and is now being retooled to make the new Focus.

The 6 Cyl is made in Cleveland

Retroit Guest

I couldn't find any info, but if anyone else would like to search through a thousand Ford Fusion articles [[unless there is an easier way):

http://wardsauto.com/
    http://www.polk.com/
    http://www.autonews.com/

This thread raises a good point, though. For consumers who are interested in purchasing American made products, we have very limited means of verifying where a product, and its components, have been made. A simple "Made in the U.S.A." sticker is not enough for our globalized marketplace. Perhaps it is time to require all products to state explicitly how much of that product was made in the USA.

Angry Dad Guest

In the class, mid size car, the two best picks are the Fusion and the Malibu.

You can argue all day about final assembly but at least Ford and GM aren't hiding behind a false currency value to sell cars.

1. Profits to Metro Detroit
    2. Engineered in Metro Detroit
    3. 55% parts US, other and assembly in Mexico

So, pretty good on the litmus test. Not as good as Focus, Mustang or F-150, but better than assembly on another continent.

Congratulations on your Fusion. Its a great machine.

Congrats, Johnnie Sue, on the new ride. The Fusion looks beautiful. And thanks for the larger effect of buying a car from the Big 3 ...the companies that sponsored our arts and music festivals, that donate money to our charities, that take out ads in our publications, that eat in our restaurants and buy our products...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast