Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Managing Attachments on DetroitYES

While selecting older attachments to be deleted [[to reclaim quota space), the attachments seem to be listed in random order. Is it possible to configure vBulletin to list attachments sorted by the date they were posted?

What I've been doing is clicking "Settings" in the second row from the top of the page then clicking "Attachments" at the end of the second column in the next page. That results in a display of the first of several pages listing attachments to be checked for deletion. These lists appear not to be sorted in any particular order.

After carefully marking attachments to be deleted in the first page, then clicking the "Delete Selected" button at the end, a new first page appears listing more attachments I'd like to delete that are randomly scattered among attachments I've already elected to retain. This causes unnecessary rework.

[[An even easier way would be to allow users to delete [[only their own) attachments directly from posts as they normally appear while viewing a thread but I suspect that isn't possible under vBulletin.)

I'm not complaining about the new user-managed quotas here. It makes perfect sense to distribute that workload among the users who are creating the work. I'm just asking whether vBulletin allows administrators the option to sort these attachment lists by date posted.

That would be a nice improvement.

Bumpity dumpity.

Am I the only one with this problem? It wouldn't be the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    While selecting older attachments to be deleted [[to reclaim quota space), the attachments seem to be listed in random order. Is it possible to configure vBulletin to list attachments sorted by the date they were posted?...

That would be a nice improvement.
    After the recent vBulletin update, the attachment list is sorted by date! It's much easier to manage now.

Plus, the new editor is no longer inserting random carriage returns into posts. I used to have to edit messages several time to get it to look just right. Sometimes it was just impossible.

I can't wait to try out the new table features. Nice to have a horizontal line feature back too!

Yea!