Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default A La Nina Spring is coming soon.

Michigan, some parts of the Eastern Seaboard, western states and the south will be experiencing a La Nina Spring.

In Michigan, March temperatures will slowly warm up to the late 30s to upper 40s. This is last until the last week of March when temperatures increasing to late 40s early 50s. We will get a last bust of Winter Storm and a brief winter mixes until the end of March.

In April, Michigan will recieve more chilly mornings, later April showers in quite milder temperatures by the afternoon. By Mid April temperatures will increase to upper 50s to near 60s. [[A rare bust of snow might happen in between but it last only 2 days).

In May, Michigan will get cool to mild temperatures more late showers and fewer thunderstorms and tornadoes. Temperatures will increase from 60s to 70s by late may.

In June Michigan will get cool to warm to mild temps from mid 60s to 70s with more rain showers and thuderstorms in between days.

Enjoy the Spring.

You know the warning given in the good book about prophets, doncha?

If you're wrong we get to stone ya.

I'd never do that, but I may offer to get you stoned.

Cheers and thanks for the weather encouragement!

Did you know that Detroit's biggest single day snowfall occurred in April around 1890 when about 20 inches fell? As far as spring in Michigan goes, I figured after a half century in Detroit that something like one spring in five were spring-like with periods of balmy weather. Aprils are typically blah, dampish, and chilly. May and September were always my favorites months in SE Mich, as long as they were not too wet.

Detroit's four seasons: Nearly winter, winter, just past winter, road construction.

Las Vegas' four seasons: Hot, scorching, Hot, road construction

Go figure.

That's good, Ray, but I would revise Detroit's seasons as: Nearly winter, winter, mud, road construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Publican View Post
    Did you know that Detroit's biggest single day snowfall occurred in April around 1890 when about 20 inches fell? As far as spring in Michigan goes, I figured after a half century in Detroit that something like one spring in five were spring-like with periods of balmy weather. Aprils are typically blah, dampish, and chilly. May and September were always my favorites months in SE Mich, as long as they were not too wet.
    That's somewhat in the late "Little Ice Age" period until more industries change the atmospheric and oceanic temperatures. Now this planet is in its early " Global Warming" phase disrupting the atmospheric and oceanic temperatures currents in the tropical regions of the south Pacific Ocean causing random changes of the El Nino and La Nina phemonenons to move from its current monsoon areas of the Indian Ocean to the Western Coasts of South America.

Quote Originally Posted by Fury13 View Post
    That's good, Ray, but I would revise Detroit's seasons as: Nearly winter, winter, mud, road construction.

Ah, but you're right, of course. I'd forgotten that miserable season, not having been back except for road construction season for 27 years. Mud, muck, and mire. I think I had quicksand in my back yard all April in years past.