Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Vote for this awesome Detroit Postcard

Contest to choose images for Michigan postcards. I like this one best, captures the spirit of Eastern Market.

http://postcards.detroit.aiga.org/po...ilpatrick-iii/

I hated them all. Sorry.

Also, when will they realize that Michigan is not a brand? Detroit is a brand. Traverse City is a brand. Mackinac Island is a brand. Jersey Shore is a brand. New Jersey is not a brand. The Hamptons is a brand. New York State is not a brand. Cape Cod is a brand. Martha's Vineyard is a Brand. Massachusetts is not a brand. Napa Valley is a brand. California Wine Country is a brand. California is not a brand. Chesapeake Bay is a brand. Maryland is not a brand. South Beach is a brand. Florida Keys is a brand. Florida is not a brand.

Strange, I liked nearly all of them.

I heart, tell that to U of M that Michigan is not a brand!

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    I hated them all. Sorry.
    you, sir or madam, are redundant and probably not truly sorry. your anagram is:
    "their hated." hope your general outlook doesn't give you butt cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelMack View Post
    Contest to choose images for Michigan postcards. I like this one best, captures the spirit of Eastern Market.

http://postcards.detroit.aiga.org/po...ilpatrick-iii/

This is called leveling the playing field in the last minutes of play.
    Truth in advertising for this eastern market card, which yes, is very frickin' good and prob should get printed and distributed because of its high quality, would require pointing out that this postcard was solicited in advance by AIGA Detroit to be produced for this project to inspire others to participate. So many [[150) inspired souls did send in their best efforts to the project because they love our state. Most of them you will never see because they didn't make the expert cut.
    I say, look at all of the entries and then cast your vote. Tomorrow is the last day -- 9:00 a.m.
    No way this dude's card isn't gonna get printed, no matter how many votes it gets -- or doesn't get. just sayin' give some of the greenies in the stack some love and encouragement. Their moms will love you for it.

" One of my favorite areas of Detroit is Eastern Market, so when I was recently asked by the Detroit chapter of the AIGA to help promote their upcoming "Wish you were here" campaign / event, it was my first choice to illustrate. I pulled this image together from my sketchbooks, and many of the faces here are from people i observed at the market." -- from Kilpatrick III blog.

And yes, mine is in the stack too, unsolicited by the king makers at AIGA.

Can't say as I liked any of them much either. Nice idea though

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Can't say as I liked any of them much either. Nice idea though
    ORLY? not even the Fella card that wishes "you were hereafter?"
    Funny that. and smart. Makes it double-deadly good -- from a hotshot geezer Detroit designer.
    And what about the pictogram card? "Mullet Lake" alone deserves a vote.
    And who doesn't love a dog on the beach with his big sweet face in the frame?
    Geez, what do you need to get excited? Tits? Cute kids? Poo? Kink?
    Eh, whatever. Show someone's effort some love. You've got 3 hours left to vote.

Got you several times, LT

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Got you several times, LT
    heh! yeah man, thanks for stacking the deck.

did someone say "all I do is win?"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0PJHRvMhfI;)

45 minutes left to vote on this project.

I loved almost all of them, sorry I missed the voting.

i missed the vote too but i liked the "greetings from the great lakes state" with the heart at detroit and the faygo pop one. some of them were a little too busy looking

I don't think the Eastern Market one is bad. But it seems if these are postcards they are sent to people out of town. I don't think people from out of the Metro area will have any idea of what the Eastern market is. Maybe I'm wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by robyn View Post
    I don't think the Eastern Market one is bad. But it seems if these are postcards they are sent to people out of town. I don't think people from out of the Metro area will have any idea of what the Eastern market is. Maybe I'm wrong??
    That's part of the purpose of a postcard; get people interested to see things they didn't know were there.