Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Wild cougar tasered by Warren police!

"Warren Police scrambled about 10 officers after a 911 caller reported seeing a black panther in a wooded area near the southern side of Bates Park.
    Advertisement

"It's huge," the caller insisted.

Arriving officers decided that the piercing black eyes on the panther -- sitting inside a discarded section of cement drain pipe -- were so menacing that they quickly cordoned off the area. It was shortly after 8 p.m. Monday, and daylight was fading fast."

http://www.freep.com/article/2009051...ith+a+surprise

That was too hilarious.

how did they not notice that it wasn't moving?!

Good thing they didn't decide to have to shoot it after tasering didn't work.

detmich Guest

I'm glad she's okay-
    Last edited by Lowell; May-16-09 at 10:40 PM.

Retroit Guest

Those racist Warren police!

Will someone please call Jesse Jackson and inform him that a white Warren police officer did not kill a Black Panther.

On a serious note: last year, Chicago police killed a cougar that was loose in the city [[ http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,0,98147.story ).

It can happen!

Only dwyer would call a press conference about tasering a stuffed animal, he just has to get his mug on TV more than fouts..
    If it was real. what was the next move after the taser, handcuffs.??

Quote Originally Posted by detmich View Post
    I'm glad she's okay-

Ha!

I thought for sure a middle-aged, scantily-clad woman in heat was assaulted after a night in a sports bar full of twenty one year old frat boys.

That's what I took from the thread title.

Would have made for better reading...
    Last edited by Lowell; May-16-09 at 10:39 PM.

Warrenites, sleep sound tonite. Your taser happy police are protecting you from all the stuffed animals.

Blarf Guest

What a bunch of morons.

I thought for sure a middle-aged, scantily-clad woman in heat was assaulted after a night in a sports bar full of twenty one year old frat boys.

Ah, you beat me to it...

Just another pet cougar let loose on the DNR. As if they don't have enough problems already.

http://www.savethecougar.org/