Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Forum Meet-up, Saturday, March 19, in honor of our visitor from Manchester, England

Many of the you have been following Barbara Nadel's postings since last fall. She will be in Detroit later this month, arriving March 17 and departing March 23.
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...-%28England%29

Barbara is a talented writer, with a great many published books in two series of crime fiction. I've been in touch with her and she would be interested in meeting us!

So I'm working on the details of a meet-up but am planning something for Saturday, March 19, late afternoon/early evening at a location tbd.

If you are interested, please post so that I know how large the group might be and can plan accordingly.

I am planning to be there. Looking forward to seeing you along with our guest and forum member visiting from England.

Put me down for this, Kathleen.

Not sure if my partner will join us, I'll let you know. You've got to meet her sometime soon!

Cheers

It'll be a full moon that night...

LodgeDodger Guest

lodgedodger and betterhalf won't be able to make it. 8-[[

I can't be there either.

That sounds great! Early evening would be best for me.

Don and I will try to be there, but he has been working Saturday nights.

May I offer a suggestion? Contact Cub..see if maybe we could use the new multi-purpose room at the Garden and have a pot luck? Everyone could bring their specialty dish and what they want to drink.

We have tables & chairs...even a couch...a stove, fridge etc for keeping/serving food.

I'll bring Buddy Smith, his keyboards and my guitar...have Dave bring a simple kit...we'll have a party in her honor!

Thanks, Blueidone, for the suggestion! And thanks, Gannon, on the music!

If Cub is willing, we can plan to gather there.

And Dave is currently not gigging that evening, so he may be able to join us.

It is getting more comfortable at the center with every visit...Cub and the group are doing an amazing job fixing up that building!

If we don't want live music, 'cuz I'm not sure of Buddy's schedule right now anyways...at least I can bring over some hifi. This could get fun.

Come to think of it...I've got some ceiling speakers he NEEDS for that surround system...LOL.

Gannon: While I know it would be wonderful to hear Buddy, the whole point of the evening is to be able to talk!! Barbara wants to meet folks and hear their stories and points of view on the city, etc.

We are all set with Cub...Kathleen, let me know what I can do to help! E-mail me at corneroffice2 at aol dot com.

Will try to make this. Look forward to seeing a firm time posted. Like Blue let me know what I can do.

Still working out the details....stay tuned!

P.S. Dave is now booked for a gig that evening, so won't be joining us.

We've set the time and place!!

Georgia Street Community Center
    Saturday, March 19

Plan to arrive between 6:30 and 7pm.
    Cub has graciously offered the use of the Community Center, and Blueidone is bringing a pan of mostaccioli. Please bring your specialty appetizer, finger food, or dessert to pass!! And BYOB!!

Paper and plasticware will be provided. [[If you care to bring some and leave the leftovers for the Center as a donation, that works!)

The Georgia Street Community Center is located at the corner of Georgia and Vinton Streets.

More about the GSCC:
    http://www.georgiastreetcc.com/index.html
    http://georgiastreetgarden.blogspot.com/

If you plan to join us, please post and let us know so that we can be set up to accommodate all.

Questions? Ask away!!

See you there!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Gannon: While I know it would be wonderful to hear Buddy, the whole point of the evening is to be able to talk!! Barbara wants to meet folks and hear their stories and points of view on the city, etc.

OK, so background music. Lotsa chamber orchestra...low-key acoustic jazz...everything in my James Taylor collection...got it! LOL

Oh, and my signed copy of Alexander Zonjic's ELEGANT EVENING.

We'll have good mood support. Quietly. But still Hi-Fi.

Man's gotta have his standards...

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    OK, so background music. Lotsa chamber orchestra...low-key acoustic jazz...everything in my James Taylor collection...got it! LOL
    Sounds terrific!!!! Thank you!

I am laughing a little, friends were to do a one year memorial wake in Islandview for a departed friend. We have a co host. Agreed on the 20th but cohost said oops I meant the 19th. Many people who were coming [[Sunday) may not be able to make a brunch on Saturday. So I may be bringing buckets of food that evening. I have all but fresh fruits, veggies bought.

So nice of you to plan this. Of course, will always exact a fee from Cub...his famous hug.

sumas

8902 Vinton 48213 if you need to google map it.

Bump to the top...let's show our visitor how hospitable we can be! Please join us for this get-together! We just need a general idea of how many to prepare for!

We'll bring some Guinness...now that Sumas has the food covered. Maybe a dessert, too.

Bump...mark your calendar for this get-together!!

This invitation is open to all. Join us...even for a short while!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Bump...mark your calendar for this get-together!!

This invitation is open to all. Join us...even for a short while!!
    Hi Kathleen: I have a really busy day going on, but I'm going to try and stop in and say "hi" :=]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast