Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

If the dead rise from their graves, MY world will end since I will surely have heart failure. Also, with it being so damned cold, I doubt the earth will just burst into flames. We've had enough rain to drown that lil tidbit of Danny wisdom.

Just to be sure, I'm going to hold off grading some papers. Perhaps if the angels fall from the sky, I can persuade one to help me.

What time zone is heaven in? 6:00 p.m. is so vague.

dammit ! I forgot and sent in my car payment early

Is it too late to get reservations at Milliways?

People are so self centered. Are we any more relevant than the 106 billion folks who lived and died over the past 200,000 years?

Well stated. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    Maxx, you stated the following in a different thread [Countering Prejudice to Atheism]: "I don't care what anyone believes in as long as those beliefs don't affect my life." Interestingly enough, I don't see this type of live and let live attitude exemplified in how you react to Danny's views.

How about if you show religious people respect and let them have their views [[since their views "don't affect [your] life") before you demand that people respect your views? You can't have it both ways.

Precisely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    I'm not talking about the religious right, and I'm not talking about anybody rewriting history. I'm talking about Danny specifically and what he believes [[or what any other Christian believes).

Who are you to demand that Danny prove anything to you? If you want the world in general to respect your right to be an atheist, why do you not show that same respect to someone who wants to believe in God?

Further, who decided that you are the one that can "allow" or not allow what someone believes? The audacity is overwhelming.

We're not talking about separation of church and state here, we're talking about an individual's right to believe in God without you swooping in like the belief police, demanding that they justify their beliefs. All while you concurrently demand that they respect your right to not believe in God. It's nothing but hypocrisy.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    Respect has nothing to do with allowing people to perpetuate beliefs as facts. Are we supposed to allow the religious right to rewrite our history and science too without confronting them?
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-21-11 at 04:53 AM.

Well so far so good [[at 4:30 am). I was downtown a few hours ago and with the prom teens afoot and fast driving their fancy rental cars and the careening of limos all about one would think the end was near. LOL! It will be nuts the next few weekends with prom time going on [[smile).
    Quote Originally Posted by thnk2mch View Post
    I should be ok. I still have all my Y2K supplies.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-21-11 at 10:34 AM.

"The one touting the world's demise this time is Harold Camping, the 89-year-old Christian fundamentalist and co-founder of Family Radio Network, who, by the way, said the same thing would happen in 1994, and when it didn't, he said that he must have computed wrongly. His certainty this time is once again based on his Byzantine calculations about floods and numbers in the Bible that not even Einstein would be able to decipher. He also points to the recent proliferation of earthquakes and tornadoes as a sign that we're on our last legs. Oh, and let's not forget the added ignominy that gay people are thriving. That's another telltale sign for him that the end is imminent."

Idiots like this give religion a bad name, feel pity for people who follow so-called leaders like this and so many more before him . Lets hope nobody drinks a cup of poison laced kool-aid today .

Drats! I just paid my AT&T bill, so as to stay online a bit longer. Shucks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    dammit ! I forgot and sent in my car payment early

The end - I can feel it coming on now....................it must've been all those PBRs and Jamesons.

Ready to die??

Huffington Post live blog of today.
    It's the last blog you'll ever read. I heard that the end will come at 6 o'clock, worldwide. Man! That's a logistic nightmare for God!!

Last edited by Whitehouse; May-21-11 at 11:13 AM.

Major bummer!!!
    I's 6:14 PM over here and I'm still around.

Would I have known it was a scam, I would not have posted this.....

I'll go out listening to this song for May 21, 2011 - and I ain't payin' my bills till tomorrow, if I'm still here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYL7N9i3vTk

Rev. Camping to the world: Never mind.

I'm ready.

Name:  415px-Milliways.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  36.3 KB

Time has come and gone.

I'm still here.

How about you?

Still waiting

Rev. Camping to the world "Did I say earthquake? I meant volcano."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe...ex.html?hpt=T1

It feels like nothing changed.

Wait. Is this hell?! Maybe it happened but no one noticed because there's no difference between hell and normal life.

I always said life is hell. Maybe that's true.

Well then what the hell does it matter?! You can't go to hell if you're already there.

Why does every single universe have to include drama queens? It's like they're some kind of fundamental quantum partical or something.

What happened?, Ive been sleeping since 4pm, am I in hell?

Well, I didn't take a shower cause I figured I'd just get all dirty when the world ended. Left me more time to do other things. I'll have to get a shower tomorrow though, which will cut into my other time to do other things. Plus I gotta pay my bills now - dang it!

ferntruth Guest

Crazy Xians...always good for a laugh.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast