Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    DetroitDad Guest

Default Reminder: The World Ends on May 21st, 2011

Don't forget to add this to your calendars?

Road trip to the end of the world

...."They walked away from work, families and communities in places as far-flung as California, Kansas, Utah and New Jersey. Among them are an electrician, a TV satellite dish installer, a former chef, an international IT consultant and a man who had worked with the developmentally disabled".....

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    Don't forget to add this to your calendars?
    I thought it was 2012. Geez, the world's supposed to end so much lately I can't keep track.

Besides...who would want to be correct in predicting the end of the world? Who would you brag to? Seriously...

When the sun rises on May 22, can these people just go the hell away?

Not to sound judgmental, but my personal fear is that these Rapture-seeking folks, thinking only in the short-term, don't give two shits about those of us who plan to stick around for a while. As if we need more short-term thinking in this country, let alone tempt fate by bringing about the end of the world as we know it.

I mean, believe what you want, and do what you want--just don't drag me into the gutter with you.

Wasn't the world supposed to end in 1998 too?

Really, who is going to be the one to say, hey, they were right?

The bible has been so edited, cut-up, sanitized, and mis-translated so many times that whatever information might have come to us through it is so watered down that it might as well be fiction.

Judgment Day is May 21 ? Sounds like a great excuse for a party!

Does this mean I don't have to cut the grass after that?

I'm 75 this year. I never look beyond an hour from now anyway.

It actually ends Oct 21 2011. May 21 is just the rapture and torment for the rest of us.

What's sad is a father has his 7 year old believing this:

"It scares me a little bit because some people are going to die, and I think
    I'm one of them," she adds. "I'm trying to do good things, but I'm afraid I'm
    doing something bad."

Arianna is 7, after all, and being good all the time cannot be easy. Her
    father stands next to her, nodding his approval.
    Last edited by sturge; March-06-11 at 03:33 PM.

Is there any way to postpone this a little, I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for the 23rd, what a bummer...

Aww crap! Why couldn't it be BEFORE taxes are due! Just my luck!

Quote Originally Posted by eriedearie View Post
    Yuk, yuk! Just got my refund, Erie! Now to spend that sucker before May 21!! Pays to file early!

Damn and I was going to Vegas on the 22nd....so much for betting that its not going to end.

Of course, when it doesn't end and life goes on as normal, the Bible-Thumpers will claim that they saved the world through prayer sessions.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by eriedearie View Post
    file an extension instead

DetroitDad Guest

Oddly, there are billboards reminding people in Downtown [[near the Leland) and up and down Woodward.

Despite some of my bizarre posts on the subject, I am not afraid of the world ending in May or next December. What I am worried about is that some believers will attempt to do things in an attempt to make the world end on those dates.
    Last edited by DetroitDad; March-07-11 at 12:34 AM.

Jesus SEZ.... No man knows the day, time and hour for the end to come.

Prove that Jesus said that. You can't. You just believe that he said that. Belief, fact. Learn the difference.

DetroitDad Guest

Only a few months left to begin construction on your doomsday bunker!

Sales of doomsday bunkers up 1,000%

A devastating earthquake strikes Japan. A massive tsunami kills thousands. Fears of a nuclear meltdown run rampant. Bloodshed and violence escalate in Libya.

And U.S. companies selling doomsday bunkers are seeing sales skyrocket anywhere from 20% to 1,000%.

Click here for renderings, videos, and interesting quotes: http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/22/real...dex.htm?hpt=C2
    There is a 950 person bunker actually being built in Nebraska, about the size of a Walmart super center, it houses all the amenities and requirements of a small city. $25,000 reserves you a space. My understanding is that the 2012 bunker is by far outselling the May 21st bunker and the Y2K bunkers.

You might laugh, but people who live near nuclear plants, among war-torn regions, along fault lines, near overdo volcanoes, in regular storm paths, or along coastal areas might not be laughing so hard. Of course, I'm not 100% sure why building a bunker, and not simply moving, would come to mind as a good idea.

I'm also not 100% sure how companies are getting funding capital in the current economic climate, for the super center sized bunkers being built in regions that are far from major population centers and disaster prone areas.
    Last edited by DetroitDad; March-23-11 at 05:46 PM.

I've been in Nebraska. I'd just as soon be dead.

The World Ends on May 21st, 2011

It's about freaking time!

The Yes Men prank some corporate toadies with Halliburton´s survivaball.

Jesus sez.... No man knows the day, time and hour for the world to end, but my father, who is in heaven, knows.

Repeating the lie doesn't make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    You might laugh, but people who live near nuclear plants, among war-torn regions, along fault lines, near overdo volcanoes, in regular storm paths, or along coastal areas might not be laughing so hard. Of course, I'm not 100% sure why building a bunker, and not simply moving, would come to mind as a good idea.

Well...which is it? End of the world, or natural disasters? If the world ends, what good does a bunker OR moving do for ya? It's over.....for everyone. "World Ends" to me is the sun frying the face of the earth until rocks melt as it grows into a red giant and envelops the Earth. Is that gonna happen? Yes...in about 4 or 5 billion years.

The only natural disaster which concerns me a little bit is Ol' Faithful. What a beautiful super-volcanoe you have.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast