Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Wine Tasting

Default Wine Tasting

Hello All.

I'm looking host a wine tasting fundraiser later this year. I want to rent a venue for a few hour where I can host this event. The ideal locations would be a historic home, gallery, or loft space in Detroit that can accomidate 50-75 people. I would appreciate any recommendation or suggestions. Thanks in advance.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Hello All.

I'm looking host a wine tasting fundraiser later this year. I want to rent a venue for a few hour where I can host this event. The ideal locations would be a historic home, gallery, or loft space in Detroit that can accomidate 50-75 people. I would appreciate any recommendation or suggestions. Thanks in advance.
    Call the TPLEX--it's the first Ford Motor Company assembly plant located on the corner of Piquette and Beaubien in Detroit.

http://tplex.org/

Yeah, TPLEX would be a very cool venue to host that in!

Stromberg2

One of the coolest new event spaces in the city I've been to recently is Flat 151 downtown. This place is really fricken cool. I was there for a private party hosted by Ambassador Magazine. Zip through the photos. This might be exactly what you're looking for.

If not Flat 151, you might be able to co-host your party at Motor City Wine downtown. MCW is a really neat wine bar located in a loft above Foran's Grand Trunk. I attended one of their wine tasting events a few months ago and had a fantastic time. The only question is whether MCW can hold more than 50 people.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with either venue.