Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default If you couldn't live here...

for whatever reason if you had to move from Detroit or the Metro Detroit and the entire state of MI where would you want to move to and why?

Philly or Bora Bora. Cuz Philly is a big city like Detroit and Bora Bora ain't.

No question it would be Canada for me

Id go back to Ft. Lauderdale. The weather, the care-free lifestyle, the ocean, the rum, the women [[don't tell my wife)...love it there.

LodgeDodger Guest

Berlin, Germany

Gary, Indiana

I've always been partial to Denver. It has a nice balance between East coast civilization and West coast individual freedom.

Vancouver, BC. Mild weather, great people, beautiful scenery, low crime, logical gun control.

I moved to central Pennsylvania. Very happy and I am working.

GUSHI Guest

Europe, the former yugoslavian Republc of Montenegro, a totally laid back life style. No hussle and bussle, relaxing, nice climate, friendly people. Plus I have a house there already. 2nd place would be Florida.

If I hit the lottery,La Jolla Cali. here I come.

I never regretted moving to Las Vegas in 1984. Las Vegas and Detroit: At the top of every 'bad' list, and at the bottom of every 'good' list.

GUSHI Guest

I forgot to say ideally it would be 6 months there and 6 months here, I forgot I gotta go to Lions game, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    Europe, the former yugoslavian Republc of Mfontenegro, a totally laid back life style. No hussle and bussle, relaxing, nice climate, friendly people. Plus I have a house there already. 2nd place would be Florida.

Negril, Jamaica....because the white sand on the beaches will remind me of the snow in Detroit.

Paris France, because it really is a world class city where quality of life rules [[except the dog shit everywhere). Or I would choose Modica Sicily....a Unesco World Heritage city that is huge on quality of life and I can go to Africa, Malta or anywhere in Europe rather quickly.

GUSHI Guest

Paris, I would love to visit, was there on a long lay over, the emp. @ the airport were beyond rude. And the airport stunk.

I've been to Bora Bora [[and four other French Polynesian islands) and it's among the most beautiful places I've yet to see. I'd also consider New Zealand. North Island. It's gorgeous, too.

Moved out the D 2+ years ago for Chicago, but if I were to leave the US I'd go to Vienna, Austria, or Ocho Rios Jamaica. Probably would lean toward Jamaica since I've got family there.

Canada or Minnesota

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Paris France, because it really is a world class city where quality of life rules [[except the dog shit everywhere). Or I would choose Modica Sicily....a Unesco World Heritage city that is huge on quality of life and I can go to Africa, Malta or anywhere in Europe rather quickly.
    No truer words were spoken. You have to constantly look at the pavement when you're walking in the city. At night, they back-flush the sewers to get rid of the dog shit.

Id go live in corktown...............Toronto...

Florida Keys in the Winter and the Traverse City area in the Summers. I'm working on a plan to make it happen within the next 5 years!

GUSHI Guest

GUSHI Guest

GUSHI Guest

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast