Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Midtown incentives working

Are these new residents or people who already live in the city?

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Are these new residents or people who already live in the city?
    I would imagine the program would want to take either. The way I see it, if the city has a couple of vibrant areas [[let's say Midtown and Corktown as examples), reaching a point where each neighborhood proper can no longer accommodate more residents in their current housing stocks would be a good thing. This would require the growth of new areas for residents or the would be the genesis of a new desirable area.

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmc View Post
    I would imagine the program would want to take either. The way I see it, if the city has a couple of vibrant areas [[let's say Midtown and Corktown as examples), reaching a point where each neighborhood proper can no longer accommodate more residents in their current housing stocks would be a good thing. This would require the growth of new areas for residents or the would be the genesis of a new desirable area.
    Agreed, I just wish I could take advantage of the incentives...

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmc View Post
    I should've worded the question differently: are these people who already live in the target zone? Or are these new residents to the area? The measure of success of the program will be how many new residents it can attract to that area.

The program has additional incentives for established residents. These are new people.

Looks like they can get free shoes from Tyree Guyton next month. He's covering a street there with 10,000 shoes.
    http://www.detroitmakeithere.com/art...DM01/110309967

Quote Originally Posted by 14shostakovich View Post
    Looks like they can get free shoes from Tyree Guyton next month. He's covering a street there with 10,000 shoes.
    http://www.detroitmakeithere.com/art...DM01/110309967
    Greaaatttttttt