Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default If you forgot... Hamtramck Blowout starts today

http://www2.metrotimes.com/blowout/

One of the largest and longest running events of its kind in the country. Two hundred bands play over 4 days prior to Paczki Day. Party starts today and doens't end until early Sunday morning.

YAY Paczki's I love those golden jelly puff cakes. I'm going to REAL Hamtramck Polish owned Bakery to pick up some Paczki's. By the way Paczki's are NOT donuts, there are jelly and creme filled puff cakes mean to give up sweets from Lent [[ Ash Wednesday)

I'm going, are you????? WWW.SKIPPERSHAMTOWN.COM for schedule and mapquest.

The Paczki Day celebration in Hamtramck [[this Tuesday) seems to get bigger and bigger every year. Small's Bar [[10339 Conant St. - just down the street from SKIPPER'S) is open at 10 a.m. this year and we have live Polish music during the day, and The Polka Floyd show [[Pink Floyd done polka-style) at 7 p.m. No cover all day AND we have our original paczki bombs, which are half-sized paczki filled with flavored vodka [[raspberry filling w/ raspberry vodka, custard filling w/ vanilla vodka, etc.etc.etc.)

Oh Smalls. I'll be there tomorrow, merrily drinking and watching Bars of Gold.

I'm bringing a big crew down there on Saturday evening. Shits gunna get rowdy!

Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    The Paczki Day celebration in Hamtramck [[this Tuesday) seems to get bigger and bigger every year. Small's Bar [[10339 Conant St. - just down the street from SKIPPER'S) is open at 10 a.m. this year and we have live Polish music during the day, and The Polka Floyd show [[Pink Floyd done polka-style) at 7 p.m. No cover all day AND we have our original paczki bombs, which are half-sized paczki filled with flavored vodka [[raspberry filling w/ raspberry vodka, custard filling w/ vanilla vodka, etc.etc.etc.)
    Is that a great catholic tradition or what? Paczki Bombs. I'll have to walk over to Small's just to have a Hamtown, catholic original - a Paczki Bomb. Until this Paczki Day I've been a Paczki Bomb virgin. No more.

Heard this pm on WRCJ "Paczki Days" to the tune of the Beatles "Yesterday". I couldn't find it on you tube or google.