Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Jonas Salk's Illegal and Unethical Research Revealed

Wow. I've never been a fan of vaccines, especially the combination ones that seem to make a horrible dent in the psyches of more children than seems prudent...but this article is quite revealing of one of Big Pharma's gods.

http://www.naturalnews.com/031564_Jo...#ixzz1FVNUzppv

Who knew he did some of his experimentations in Ypsilanti?!

Can't wait to see who steps up and defends this fellow...

Salk actually thought the polio vaccine [[incubated in green monkeys) was to blame for AIDS.

but the article itself is crap. it alledges a story from the ap, but doesn't actually link to it, provide dates or titles for it. the crap about the polio vaccine not working? Know anyone who grew up in an iron lung? didn't think so. is polio eradicated, like smallpox? no, not yet, at least not globally

Not only would I buy a beer for Jonas, I would thank him for all the children who are not in braces due to his efforts.

What gnome said.

They've recently proven that all the crap about vaccines causing autism spectrum is all botched science, so what is the dent in the psyches of children that you refer to?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    They've recently proven that all the crap about vaccines causing autism spectrum is all botched science, so what is the dent in the psyches of children that you refer to?
    most important line: "Wakefield has been unable to reproduce his results " It seems the author of that study designed it to achieve a desired outcome. naughty naughty

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    most important line: "Wakefield has been unable to reproduce his results " It seems the author of that study designed it to achieve a desired outcome. naughty naughty
    I was being polite

My brother and two of the other kids on the block got polio one summer. The next summer the vaccine came out, and we all took it, gladly. I would do it again. No one got polio after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Wow. I've never been a fan of vaccines, especially the combination ones that seem to make a horrible dent in the psyches of more children than seems prudent...but this article is quite revealing of one of Big Pharma's gods.

http://www.naturalnews.com/031564_Jo...#ixzz1FVNUzppv

Who knew he did some of his experimentations in Ypsilanti?!

Can't wait to see who steps up and defends this fellow...
    Salk did much of his research at the University of Michigan.

Go Blue.

Gannon, any conspiracy theories you don't buy into?

I don't have a problem with waiving immunizations for one's children as long as one understands the responsibilities and ripple-effect implications. Example: one case of pertussis in a first-grade classroom means the waivered kid must be excluded for 21 days. On the 7th day of the exclusion, a 2nd case is diagnosed, so add 21 MORE days to the child kept out of class. And so on and so forth. Who takes care of the excluded child - an at-home parent? How about the myriad social-educational-emotional ramifications of potential month[[s) of absence from 1st grade?

How about the ramifications of actually contracting pertussis? It's really contagious and though it may be just a nuisance illness with a inconveniently long-lasting cough for some, it can be deadly for others.

Sigh. The conspiracy theory behind vaccines is disease prevention.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    You can't believe anything from the mainstream media! Don't you know that?

Jonas Salk was a hero who saved millions of children.

Gannon.... did you read the one ad on that Blog for "How to Cure Cancer At Home for only $5.15 a day"..... doesn't a bell or whistle go off in your head that.... hmmmm... that's odd....

Yes... we know that there were a lot of "almost Mengele" type experiments that happened to Americans in the past [[such as those on the Tuskegee Airmen).... but what Salk did for Polio... you're going to have a hard time convincing us that he was another Mengele.... especially when we see the kinds of "snake oil" ads that blog has...

[[such as those on the Tuskegee Airmen)....
    Same town, different group of people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskege...lis_experiment

People are always called 'paranoid' and 'conspiracy theorists' when they question. The titles are uniformly applied. I'd give anything to those few who aren't 'paranoid' and have been proven so. Gannon questions things - NOT A GODDAMN THING WRONG WITH THAT! In the end, even if he travels some dead-end roads, he'll come up with some truths not apparent to most people. Thanks for posing the questions.

I DO so love the opposition, though, it makes me think about a thing from various perspectives.

For instance, I now know that both Ray and Gnome would make excellent Nazis, and they share their bed with OldRedfordette. The ends fully justifying the means for them.

I have NO problems with human experimentation, btw, AS LONG AS THE INDIVIDUAL CONSENTS FULLY. There were enough polio sufferers in those days that they didn't have to extend their research to those who were already institutionalized dubiously.

Same with prisoner testing...

I'm sure I got a polio vaccine, too, when I was younger...and being born in 1963, I was close enough to the 50s epidemics for my parents to have no qualms themselves with taking it. As far as I know, though, no members of either the Polish or Irish arms of my family tree ever had any issue with this particular disease.

I was VERY curious to find that this HASN'T been fully eradicated from the Earth... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poliomyelitis_eradication .

Nah, my opinion still stands, the ends do NOT justify the means...and yes, the medical industry up to the FDA have been marvelously successful at keeping all real research on the efficacy and danger of modern vaccines from the public eye.

Too many parents know for SURE that their children did not develop certain personality traits until they got vaccinated. Autism is but one of those traits...and not a lick of the 'officially recognized and accepted' research will convince me otherwise.

The medical industry is a racket, although there are individuals within it that still do some good. On the whole, it is corrupt and anti-human.

Yes, I feel the same way about organized religion, too. Ridicule me all you want, all I do is gather ALL the data I can find and make my mind up on my own...with a healthy skepticism regarding what our government allows, because SO much of it leans towards easy rides for large corporate interests and against individual opposition to such.

Fire away, I'm game for it all. Names don't hurt me one whit. I've come out shining too often on this very board to be ignored. Go figure.

Thanks for the backup, Skipper.

Cheers, anyways!

I DO so hope I don't turn out like this guy, though.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/ope...e-hes-w,19273/

John,

Was that attack against Ray, Gnome and Oldredfordette really necessary?

They disagree with you... so what? You attacking them personally, when they didn't attack you... but only disagreed with your perception of Salk... makes your argument appear weaker... since you've reverted to an ad hominem to "try" to make a point. Not good....

Everyone's got their own opinion. I think maybe you had to live back in the 50's to understand the paranoia of the moment. Pretty sad when two of my good friends on my block developed polio though. You just kept wondering if you were next. That's called being paranoid about reality.

Gannon, you seem like a reasonably decent person, but that's pretty low tossing the N word around so casually.

Gnome knows me well enough to know that it is merely rhetoric. Ray and OldRedfordette came along for the ride, Ray is teflon and OldRed seems to like it when I call her out. If you have a difficult time with the logical conclusion, so be it. If it is merely against the term Nazi...well, I guess I can change it to a lower case 'n'.

I was holding out on commentary until I was ready to reply...but only jumped back in because of Skipper's defense.

I do so apologize to anyone offended...but due my policy of not self-editing in order to maintain continuity of the threaded discussion, I will keep the post intact.

The point is, the ends do NOT justify the means. In my understanding of history, many people joined that party in Germany because of that very philosophical stance. If I am wrong, then once again I have learned something new...but I've puzzled over the growth and power of the Nazis around that time for many years, because I sense a similar trend in our present reality.

I feel it every time I see another intersection getting cameras installed, when we supposedly have no money in government to do worthwhile endeavors. I see NOTHING worthwhile about installing monitoring cameras at every major intersection in the nation.

So, sorry for the insensitivity...thanks for the gentle reminders of how my language lands.

Sincerely,
    John

Yeah the whole Nazi thing is the trump and both bowers of card tOssing. If it was anyone else I'd be a tad put out, but considering I know that John was talking smack , I'm gonna stay off my highhorse.

Of course, I could tell a story about being on the edge of a rainforrest when an old German doctor who yanked a chunk of steel out of my forehead. Considering I was a bit under the weather at the time maybe my memory is fogged. Nevermind.

Jeez, I go away for a day, then come back to find myself in bed with Ray and Gnome? Not bad for a middle-aged woman.

Vox Guest

Skipper, name one thing he has been right about? Just ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    Skipper, name one thing he has been right about? Just ONE.

What? I don't get the chance to play?!

I suspect a few of the threads which disappeared were dangerously close to deeper truth that some unseen folk needed to hide.

Did I ever tell you about the harvest party I went to where a fellow told me he thought everyone there became urban gardeners due my insistence that we use the land to feed bellies instead of mowing grass and dumping trash on it all?!

The Kwhyme affair had a few significant hits among my many postulations of logical extensions of his abuses...to the extent that I have been threatened?

Nah, what would please you, Vox? Do you need a revelation that Andrew D. Basiago's whistle-blowing is actually true before considering me somewhat perceptive and able to connect dots of data that many simply ignore because they are too far in the outfield?!

Any time I dare bring any of this up, though, I am attacked as an egotist or worse. I am not anything of the sort.

IF you are who I think you are...then you've SEEN me go into some of my idea-hampstering. I've SHARED some of them with you...because I thought you deserved to be a part of that creative process.

If you merely think me entertainment or weaker, than perhaps that analysis was incorrect. <sigh>

Cheers, anyways, it IS always good to learn more. Always.

Sincerely,
    John

unafraid to always post publicly showing my full real-life identity, unlike most on-line...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast