Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Post RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

The place to post your random thoughts. [[3) is good but it's up to you!

Should i buy lottery tickets or a lamb schwarma on my way home?

I'm tired of the snow, but I hate the humidity.

I'm not sure I like living in MI anymore. All I hear is doom and gloom.

Doesn't the guy getting a glass eye on the University of Michigan Hospital commercial look like Dick Clark?

Do you really want a cat litter so good your cat can't find the litter box?

Where do I want to live?

How does the dryer turn a pillowcase inside out and why does it happen so often?

At what point does adding more commercials to TV reach the point of diminishing returns and begin to become counterproductive? Would someone please tell the answer to the customers of the advertising industry?

Why does the same voice on The Weather Channel refer to local weather "in our area" no matter where you are in the country? Does this guy teleport all over the country every day? Talk about a difficult commute!

[[I love threads like this. You never know what's going to come up.)

What really went through my boss's head when, during salary negotiations, I removed my shoe, stuck my hand in it, and silently waggled my finger at him through the hole in the sole?

I bet he was wondering which finger it was!

How's that for a persuasive negotiation technique?

Why do people spend more time bemoaning or second-guessing their past decisions than they do charting their future?

Is it just me or do the judges seem to favor "screaming" on American Idol this season?

Is there any way to help "ethics" keep up with science and technology?

Quote Originally Posted by Locke09 View Post
    Is it just me or do the judges seem to favor "screaming" on American Idol this season?
    I think it is interesting that the commercials for it are backed by music from someone who would never get to hollywood on that POC

Boy that was crazy ice this morning. Not a salt truck in sight.

My friends have moved away from Detroit. I need new friends. Anybody looking for a 42 year old female friend to hang with?

That's how the cookies crumble!

Saunders needs to launch a line of chocolate bunny ears for Easter. Everyone knows the ears are the best part.

Oh, I'd be your friend Mm, but have ask the bride first.
    Last edited by gnome; March-04-11 at 03:17 PM.

DST begins a week from this weekend. That signals the start of the summer season for me. Where's my shorts?

Quote Originally Posted by Locke09 View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing.... mostly mediocre singers!

But this week was the American premier of this trio of über talented 16-17 year old Italians [[who will be on The Talk, Oprah... and also on American Idol as guest singers).... they've already gone platinum in Europe, and even Celine Dion wants to sing with them...

Almost like a cross between Elvis and Andrea Bocelli....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FJH62mgOH8
    Last edited by Gistok; March-05-11 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    What really went through my boss's head when, during salary negotiations, I removed my shoe, stuck my hand in it, and silently waggled my finger at him through the hole in the sole?

I bet he was wondering which finger it was!

How's that for a persuasive negotiation technique?
    I'm curious. Was your technique effective?

Oh, and random thoughts. Hmm.

How can one of my adult kids have just earned a PhD in microbiology and the other be perfectly content to earn an allowance of $20/week washing floors and folding towels for me instead of pursuing a real job or an education?

I've decided I don't want to go anywhere exotic for a vacation. I would have to return to real life and IMO that just seems more depressing than refreshing or fun.

How can a teenager who is still a virgin and has never dated know for sure that he is gay?

Quote Originally Posted by Corn.Bot View Post
    I'm curious. Was your technique effective?
    LOL! I'm not sure how you could tell for sure without running a control experiment for comparison. Everyone knew these things weren't decided in such meetings anyway. Neither one of us had the authority to change the rules that mattered.

It was funny though that he had no comeback whatsoever. He was just dumbstruck. I suppose it was effective in bringing the pointless formality to a quicker end so we could both get back to work.

He didn't fire me or anything although he could have. He was too nice of a guy and we both knew how much he needed me. He really was too nice.

Oh, and random thoughts. Hmm.

How can one of my adult kids have just earned a PhD in microbiology and the other be perfectly content to earn an allowance of $20/week washing floors and folding towels for me instead of pursuing a real job or an education?
    There's a darn good chance that the twenty buck kid will have a happier life than the professional student. Worked for me.

Hey, the heading said 'random'.

Augustiner Guest

How can a teenager who is still a virgin and has never dated know for sure that he is gay?
    Maybe he's attracted to men and not to women. I think that's usually how people figure it out.

Here's a random thought.

How many rock performers really can't play their guitars? That is, how many just use them as a prop? And just knowing three chords is not 'playing' a guitar, either.

mmmmmm..........doughnuts................

Ever wonder why people continue to hit the brakes, even when their car has already gone over the cliff?

Pączki Day's this coming Tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    There's a darn good chance that the twenty buck kid will have a happier life than the professional student. Worked for me.

Hey, the heading said 'random'.
    But the PhD is not nickel-and-diming my emotional and financial reserves. I never imagined my progeny soaring so high in academics, but neither did I expect to have one become a slug. LOL

Here is another random, somewhat rhetorical question: how can two siblings, raised in the same home, with the same parents, schools, opportunities, even friends, turn out so diametrically different from one another?
    Last edited by Corn.Bot; March-05-11 at 10:25 PM. Reason: t t t typo correction

I'm half-watching a PBS thing hawking Best of Laugh-In DVDs. They just featured bites of the 'news 20 years in the future' segments. I remembered Dan Rowan getting big laughs when, in 1968, he joked about Ronald Reagan being president in 1988. Ya can't help but appreciate the irony.

What caught my ear a little while ago was a future-news piece from Rowan during a show in 1969 - about the Berlin Wall coming down in 1989.

That is freakin' spooky. Maybe we need to smoke whatever Dan Rowan was smoking on the show.

Of all the pheasants in Detroit, why so many roosters? I dont see to many hens.

Here is another random, somewhat rhetorical question: how can two siblings, raised in the same home, with the same parents, schools, opportunities, even friends, turn out so diametrically different from one another?
    I think some aspects of personality you are born with.

why so many roosters? I dont see to many hens.
    Could be nesting somewhere hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Here's a random thought.

How many rock performers really can't play their guitars? That is, how many just use them as a prop? And just knowing three chords is not 'playing' a guitar, either.
    The Ramones had a lot of great songs with just 3 chords. They are one of my all time favorite bands. And was Sinatra really singing? Seemed more talking and humming to me, but I do like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    The Ramones had a lot of great songs with just 3 chords. They are one of my all time favorite bands. And was Sinatra really singing? Seemed more talking and humming to me, but I do like him.
    Sinatra's phrasing ability was unique. I could listen to him all day. Alas, I have to agree that his real life personna was that of a complete asshole. You can be that way when you own the world, I guess.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast