Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Matty sues feds

Default Matty sues feds

Just in from the Freep:
    The owners of the Ambassador Bridge, along with several Detroit groups, filed a lawsuit today challenging the Federal Highway Administration’s approval of a rival span little more than a mile downriver.

. . . The Detroit International Bridge Co. – owned by trucking magnate Manuel [[Matty) Moroun – and the other plaintiffs argue the FHA’s approval violated federal laws, relied on erroneous traffic data and failed to thoroughly examine alternative crossing locations.
    http://www.freep.com/article/2009051...ver+rival+span

Stamper says:
    The state's approval process for this unnecessary multi-billion dollar taxpayer project has been a sham from the beginning. Information that did not support the Highway Administration's goal was systematically ignored or dismissed. The result is that the DRIC bridge, if built, would needlessly destroy the Delray community.

All evidence shows that the DRIC bridge is unnecessary and a massive waste of taxpayer money. Moreover, it would destroy the value of the Ambassador Bridge Gateway Project -- a privately financed project -- before it even opens. Existing crossings, including the Ambassador Bridge, have sufficient capacity to handle traffic volumes for the foreseeable future.

Crain's story, including PDF of the lawsuit and a list of who the plaintiffs are:

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...FREE/905149970

The tripped out part is, if you took all the money that both sides are going to end up spending on this, you could put up another bridge, fix up Delray and do a lot to seriously mitigate some of the environmental concerns in Southwest Detroit.

No matter who wins, the neighborhoods lose.

FYI, Matty is paying for the suit the others who joined have there various reasons mainly financial.

LASED, Citizens with Challenges [[Otis Mathis), Detroit Association of Black Organizations, Detroiters for Progress [[Adolph Mongo--paid consultant of the bridge company), Mana De Metro Detroit [[Belda Garza: Moroun donated to campaign), Mexican Patriotic Committee of Metro Detroit [[Belda Garza, Gloria Rocha)

Its sad because the DIBC cares nothing about the delray neighborhood, they just want to stall so their bridge can be built first....
    I personally don't want either bridge but if one has to be built....

Detroit Association of Black Organizations:

Whorace Sheffield
    www.dabodetroit.org/mission.html

the Detroiters for Progress ... was formed just for this cause ... typical Mongo move.

LASED and Mana De Metro Detroit are housed in the same building on W. Vernor just east of Scotten.

Too bad the news folks haven't dug a little deeper about these so-called community organizations. Guess Bill was busy doing something more important.

Oh, God. Jealous Belda. She's the one-time legislator who put food in her pocketbook when at a civic breakfast. And she is nearly illiterate. And she is famous for moving her son out of Michigan as a fugitive when he was involved in a gang murder. A real low-life.

You can know Maroun by the bad company he keeps.

Ol' Matty KNOWS a mile is a l-o-n-g way longer to drive when you wanna get across...the pay bridge on Grosse Ile always had a waiting line, even though a free crossing was a few miles further downstream.

This new bridge could seriously empty his coffers, he has to fight it with all his mighty might and whatever other dirty means necessary.

I was telling someone about Heinz Prechter and HIS quest for a southern bridge a few nights ago, and then my conspiracy mind hiccuped at the thought that Manny might've been behind Heinz's untimely demise...I've NEVER liked the story of him hanging himself with that vacuum cleaner cord, no matter how deep his depression.

I'm just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Detroit Association of Black Organizations:

Whorace Sheffield
    www.dabodetroit.org/mission.html

the Detroiters for Progress ... was formed just for this cause ... typical Mongo move.

LASED and Mana De Metro Detroit are housed in the same building on W. Vernor just east of Scotten.

Too bad the news folks haven't dug a little deeper about these so-called community organizations. Guess Bill was busy doing something more important.
    Are they, or are they not, listed a plaintiffs in the lawsuit? They are, regardless if they're front organizations for Moroun and his plot to piss off the denizens of Detroit Yes.

You really think LA SED is a tool of Moroun's bidding? I suppose you could, since some on here are speculating he could have been behind Heinz Prechter's death.

Just when you think the blinding Morounhate has reached bottom ...

I would bet that if Jesus Christ signed on as a plaintiff, someone on here would say he was nothing more than a crook who ripped off his carpentry customers.

Oops, I see Tom Greenwood of The Detroit News and Todd Spangler of the Freep's Washington bureau didn't "expose" the plaintiffs as henchmen and lieutenants of Matty Moroun.

You've discovered we're all doing his bidding! Foiled by you meddling kids!

[[I would note that the list of plaintiffs with my story note's Mongo's involvement)

Who says I said anything about you, but you?

Which Bill were you referring to then, Cosby or Bixby?

You: "Guess Bill was busy doing something more important."

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    Which Bill were you referring to then, Cosby or Bixby?
    Maybe he meant Bill Bonds, who very likely was doing something more important.

Oh, btw, when you re-write a press-release you might want to check incorrect dates for the founding of community groups.

The Mexican Patriotic group was founded in the 1990's not the 1900's. Maybe it's just me, but 1840 or 1876 or 18something is slightly different than 1990.

What that little Mis-date reveals is that someone simply tears off the TRXY as it comes from the prnewswire. How many other times do you do the same thing? hmmm.

You want to be respected, be respectable.

You want to be respected, be respectable

Clearly, you don't. Still waiting for the answer on which Bill you were not talking about. Or do you just want to continue to dodge that one?

What that little Mis-date reveals is that someone simply tears off the TRXY as it comes from the prnewswire.

Actually, no. Waxman sent it to me himself. But nice try. In the meantime, go ahead and post the stories you find on this lawsuit today that didn't originate from the statement issued by DIBC. Obviously, if you can't find any, you've made an absurd and invalid point, and would be a tremendously stupid-looking [[[[[[, no? But take a few minutes and go find those stories. We've already seen the Freep and News wrote the stories off the same statements. I'll wait here, pal.

How many other times do you do the same thing? hmmm.

Write stories off news releases? All the time. As every other reporter in the world does. But go ahead and keep using terms like TRXY. That's cute.

Not dodging anything Bill. If Tom Greenwood was here I'd bring up the same issue with him, but since you seem to be Matty's main butt-boy around here, you get the honor.

As far as doing the rip-n-write, guess I'm not surprised. Unfortunately.

Not dodging anything Bill. If Tom Greenwood was here I'd bring up the same issue with him, but since you seem to be Matty's main butt-boy around here, you get the honor.

As far as doing the rip-n-write, guess I'm not surprised. Unfortunately.
    Bullshit.

Go find the original reporting on this that didn't originate from the statement. Otherwise, you continue to look like an amateur tool and clown and can't back up what you say. But I guess I'm not surprised. Unfortunately.

Seriously, if you're not dodging, what Bill are you talking about, that you said you weren't talking about?

That's some weak shit. But when you're a one-trick pony, we can't expect much else, eh? Sling some limp-dick shit then run like a little girl. Chump.

While your childish hissy fit is entertaining, it certainly doesn't do anything other than underline your inflamed fixation on being Matty's butt-boy. If you're fine with being a bottom, I certainly respect your lifestyle choice. I know it must be a difficult decision to come out, but I support you in that choice.

However, if I wasn't talking about you before, my friend, I am now. You Bill Shea, the so-called journalist from Crain's Business Journal, are a shill, a flack, a rip-n-write artist who masquarde's as a newshound. Simple as that.

hackhackhack. Silly boy. Now run along, before you get hurt.

Hey, both of ya' - - time out.

This has nothing to do with The Real Issues . . . and is starting to make Monica look mature.

While your childish hissy fit is entertaining, it certainly doesn't do anything other than underline your inflamed fixation on being Matty's butt-boy. If you're fine with being a bottom, I certainly respect your lifestyle choice. I know it must be a difficult decision to come out, but I support you in that choice.

However, if I wasn't talking about you before, my friend, I am now. You Bill Shea, the so-called journalist from Crain's Business Journal, are a shill, a flack, a rip-n-write artist who masquarde's as a newshound. Simple as that.

hackhackhack. Silly boy. Now run along, before you get hurt.
    To help those following at home keep score:

1. You're fixated on homophobic hate-speech as insults.

2. You continue to dodge when caught in a lie about not addressing me personally up-thread.

3. You can't produce any examples of stories when questioned.

4. You make vague threats of physical or some other types of violence when called out [["Now run along before you get hurt.")

5. When tweaked, your breathless adolescent prose becomes riddled with amusing typos.

I think that about sums it up nicely.

I think that's what those who toil on the Interwebs call a classic "melt."

Impressive. I'll wait here for more of your hate speech and threats, son.

there needs to be a second bridge, wherever it is built.. Moroun and company keep stalling, like it is their God given right to have a privately owned bridge as the main means of international cross-border travel here.. The depths that this profiteer is willing to go to are just sick..

The latest argument against the public bridge is that racial-bias is involved.

The plaintiffs are making the argument that other sites for a new span – including one near Grosse Ile – that would have impacted predominately white communities were rejected in favor of one which hurts the Delray community. Included in that is the claim that Moroun’s proposed second span, which the Bridge Co. says could have impacted middle-class whites in Windsor, was inappropriately rejected out of hand as an alternative to DRIC.
    http://freep.com/article/20090514/BU...-bias+argument

Quote Originally Posted by leland_palmer View Post
    The latest argument against the public bridge is that racial-bias is involved.
    But of course. A slumlord who virtually nobody would claim as a champion of the residents of southwest Detroit neighborhoods ....... now playing the race card as he claims to be among the best things to happen to said neighborhoods.

MIRepublic Guest

Matty just keeps topping himself. It's nothing short of amazing, really.

Matty: defender of the black and brown, the poor, and the huddled masses. Goddamned; this is priceless. Matty's never going to die. The Ambassador Enchancement is not to be a bridge between two nations, but is being built at a 45 degree angle into the sky so that Matty will ascend, bodily, into heaven, itself. Hallelujah!

Really, to use race as an issue so disingenuously, anywhere, is a bad thing. To do it in Detroit shows how much he really cares about the folks down in Delray [[i.e. not at all). If there is a hell, someone should be very nervous right about now. lol

What's going to count are the papers that are filed in court. People are going to see that the DRIC process was not what it was cracked to be. Let's face it, it was an exercise in futility for anyone that was proposing anything other than what the DRIC wanted to do. The Bi-National study was conducted for the purpose of dismissing the twin spanning of the bridge. No matter how anyone feels about Moroun, we know this is true. The DRIC process wasn't as transparent as it's been made out to be and there is evidence of elected officials attempting to block the DIBC project, which may be somewhat illegal. The government can't create legislation or use it's authority to block private enterprise and then build a competing entity.

He has a real case.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast