Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Wetboro Church Gets Freedom to Hate

Or rather their god can freely proclaim how much he hates homosexuals. So I guess this means all those laws against hate speech are out the window. http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/02/sco...church/?hpt=C1

I'd like to see what would happen to Wetboro demonstrators if they decided to picket and obstruct the Supreme Court when they were debating a homosexual or same-sex marriage issue.

Wackos. [[You decide if I meant Wetboro or the Supremes.)

Wetboro????

Typo although they are all wet.

Now when U.S. papers wanted to print the cartoons of Mohammad, the powers above said no. Funny how quickly freedom of expression goes out the window when corporate powers may be threatened.I don't even recall much of a discussion about the issue.
    Last edited by maxx; March-02-11 at 01:52 PM.

maxx - what is hate speech?

sumptin bad gonna happen...

Freedom is freedom. Tricky, ain't it?

My only disappointment is that the ruling wasn't 9-0.

Not because I agree with the Phelps cult. If there is such a thing as hell, and if it were in my power to do so, I would banish all of them to its most miserable corner for all eternity. They may be the most vile people on Earth.

But laws aren't only for nice people.

It's easy to support free speech for those you agree with; it takes no effort at all. What is needed is to support free speech for those you despise.

If Westboro's actions can be banned because they are unpopular to millions, what then stops the court from banning your actions or my actions because people don't like them?

If the NAACP has the right to march, picket, protest and speak, then the KKK must be given the same rights. If we strip protection from one group, it can be stripped from us all.

The best thing to do is to ignore them. Then, they will go away.

Anyone want to start picketing their church services?

That church is protected under the 1st Amendment of Bill of Rights:

1. They have the right to assembly.

2. They have the right of the press, print and petition.

3. They have the right say whatever they have to say.

You all don't have to listen to them. Instead you have some options:

1. Start a counter-assembly

2. You all have the right to counter-press, print and petition.

3. You have the right to say you want to say.

Do we live in the FREE COUNTRY or what.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Neda, protested against the Iranian Supreme Leader and she was shot in the face. But she die for freedom for her people.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    Or rather their god can freely proclaim how much he hates homosexuals. So I guess this means all those laws against hate speech are out the window. http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/02/sco...church/?hpt=C1
    Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination.[[Leviticus 18:22 KJV) If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Well God dislike those who practice the lifestyles of SIN. But he's merciful waiting for those who can REPENT and surrender their soul, spirit and flesh to his son JESUS CHRIST for eternal life instead of putting yourself to HELL.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

If you're a Christian, Muslim or Jew. you have to agree what the WORD OF GOD.

NEDA, as a Muslim, agrees with the WORD OF GOD, [[ Allah) and I miss her so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    With all that money they make from suing people you'd think Shirley would get her nose fixed. Put her on a panel with the "Vatican Assassin Warlock" - that would be some great tv.

What Vic said.

The Government could pull their tax free status if their not careful , they've done it before for so called '' churches '' that get too political . Do they even find the time to worship ? lol

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherboy View Post
    maxx - what is hate speech?
    I think "God Hates Fags" is a good example. From what I understand, the Phelps family is protected from hate speech laws because they are supposedly discussing national issues, i.e., the Iraq war And be careful if you direct any words to them. You had better frame your response in terms of national issues or they'll sue you since most of them are lawyers. So you can't; really argue with them on their crazy theology.

Danny: How can an all-just and all-merciful god torture people for ever? That is self-contradictory. .