Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Glen Beck berates Detroit

I don't know about you but this pisses me off....

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...erates-Detroit

I for one will not watch Fox news as a boycott to this BS....yes we have had better days and yes we have had our share of problems and no all is not well, but I do believe that things will get better here. Rome was not built in a day....Detroit did not get this way over night and won't be fixed over night either.

But when an a$$wipe like him takes a swipe at my city[[I live in the burbs) but consider all of metro area as Detroit when someone talks about us, it pisses me off.
    He obviously has never been here, nor does he know anything about the auto industry.

Your thoughts are appreciated either for or against this thought.....

Detroit this is who we are and this is what we do!!!

And maybe if he'd take the time to get his facts straight it would help. He berates Ford for taking a bailout and forgets that GW Bush made the first bailout payment, not Obama

I'm interested as to how stauch GB supporters will reply to this report, if they reply at all.

Yes. It's really hard to kick a dog when it's down.
    Funny though. I didn't hear any solutions to the ongoing problem[[s).

Also, I will refute that Hiroshima rebuilt itself due to entreprenuership; It was the good 'ol USA that rebuilt that country with good 'ol USA greenbacks. I guess it is pretty easy to strive forward when hundreds of billions of dollars have been poured into a country.

Perhaps Detroit should level itself and just rebuild? Then the Becks of the world might be happy.

Glen Beck's ratings have tanked to about 50% to what they were a year ago. People are just annoyed with him and he has to go more extreme [[he went on nightly Egypt rants claiming all Muslims were aligning to basically take over the world) to even draw in some audience.
    Last edited by stinkytofu; March-01-11 at 09:33 AM.

And where is his rant about the bank bailouts?

The most ironic thing about Glen Beck and Fox News in general is that some of the largest shareholders of News Corp are Muslims who hail from the Middle East.

Why do the Republicans love comparing American institutions with the Japanese? I remember back in 2008 when CEOs of the Big Three went to Washington with cup in hand and the GOP senators like Bob Corker of Tennessee was suggesting that the employees and the union should agree to take pay wages like what the Japanese are paying workers here in America. Now you have Beck attempting to compare Detroit with a city that the US bombed into the stone age and rebuilt with taxpayers money.

Oh Beck told the truth about Detroit. No question about that but he did what everyone does when they want to be heard. They rip the city for failed polices, bad schools, high crime and illiteracy. We all know this. So if you are prepared to criticize then you must have a solution right? Oh, no solution well back to the program. Next week on the Glenn Beck Show: What to see what America will look like in fifty years, go to Detroit.

after watching that Glenn Beck crap I had to watch the full version Chrysler 200 Superbowl commercial several times to get that happy rah-rah feeling back........

ahhh... i feel so much better now with my rose colored glasses on......

At least he once had a DeLorean. Not quite the Detroit make, but coming from the mind of a former Detroiter who could easily pass for all things right in America, and the next day quite the opposite. Maybe Beck should have kept on coking himself up, it's a geat confidence builder.

This from his Wiki bio;

During his time at Y-95, Beck cultivated a rivalry with local pop radio station KZZP and that station's morning host Bruce Kelly. Through practical jokes and publicity stunts, Beck drew criticism from the staff at Y-95 when the rivalry culminated in Beck telephoning Kelly's wife on-the-air, mocking her recent miscarriage.[15] In 1989, Beck resigned from Y-95 to accept a job in Houston at KRBE, known as Power 104. Beck was subsequently fired in 1990 due to poor ratings.[15]
    Beck then moved on to Baltimore, Maryland and the city's leading Top-40 station, WBSB, known as B104. There, he partnered with Pat Gray, a morning DJ. During his tenure at B104, Beck was arrested and jailed for speeding in his DeLorean.[17] According to a former associate, Beck was "completely out of it" when a station manager went to bail him out.

Why do right-wingers never pick on much more liberal cities like Chicago, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle...

" I remember back in 2008 when CEOs of the Big Three went to Washington with cup in hand and the GOP senators like Bob Corker of Tennessee was suggesting that the employees and the union should agree to take pay wages like what the Japanese are paying workers here in America."

My guess is that Tennessee is an "Open Shop" State. The comment was just to berate the Unions here in Michigan and throw them under the bus.

"Next week on the Glenn Beck Show: What to see what America will look like in fifty years, go to Detroit."

I wouldn't doubt it at all. However, the Beck handlers will have to see just how well last night segment fared in viewership. If the results come back that viewership is up then off we go.

"Why do right-wingers never pick on much more liberal cities like Chicago, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle..."

Because Unions helped build this City. Wild idea; perhaps it's payback for all the trouble the Union caused Ford and his Starmen? lol. I don't think so ... much, but anything is possible.

Considering the amount of money in campaign donations [[1M+) from Fox, and the amount of former and current Presidential "hopefuls" that are talking heads on that "network" it's not that hard to understand that Fox is nothing more than a waterboy, propaganda arm of the Republican Party.

One thing is very clear to me; if Fox never would have gotten that NFL contract back in its fledgling days, Fox would not be in the position it's in now.

Why waste time arguing about what Beck says? Dude's a fool. Next ...

Read the posts from the Unwelcome Neighbors thread and see if you can make a connection between what Beck is saying and the reality of those who have to suffer the values of a lower socio-economic class.
    http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/...5206944482.txt

Wait a minute, you mean an ideologue is setting up a straw man argument to give more power to his way of thinking? If someone tries to tell me that these people [[right and left) are hypocrites I'll hit the floor in shock.

The guy is preaching for the most part to a right wing audience and telling them what they want to hear.
    If you want to see the opposite end of that turn on MSNBC.

I laugh when I see people getting upset over these television hacks.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Why do right-wingers never pick on much more liberal cities like Chicago, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle...
    This not the frist I have heard a conservative blame Detroit's problems on liberals and liberal ideas.
    Chicago [[the city Detroiters always want to be like) has been run by liberal Democrats for years , and San Francisco might be the most progressive big city in America, but those are...

Quote Originally Posted by noenaim View Post
    This not the frist I have heard a conservative blame Detroit's problems on liberals and liberal ideas.
    Chicago [[the city Detroiters always want to be like) has been run by liberal Democrats for years , and San Francisco might be the most progressive big city in America, but those are...
    According to Wikipedia, Chicago has been run by Democrats since 1931. 80 years. Democrats have been running San Francisco since 1964 and yet whenever hacks want to attack liberals and their form of government, they point to Detroit. I wonder why?

many of you are obviously basing your opinions on hearsay and what you are told about conservatives....

if you don't think that SanFrancisco [[Pelosi), Chicago [[Obama), and Portland [[Starbucks) hasn't been bashed by conservative talk, then you are only picking and choosing what you comment on

add Washington DC and Atlanta to the mix also..... they get their share of bashing...

Detroit is to Democrats as ...

San Francisco is to Nancy Pelosi as ...

Portland is to Starbucks.

See? Makes sense ...

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Detroit is to Democrats as ...

San Francisco is to Nancy Pelosi as ...

Portland is to Starbucks.

See? Makes sense ...
    Isn't Starbucks, Seattle?

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Just when you think syllogisms couldn't be any more tortured ...

Serious question: Who gives a fuck what Glen Beck thinks of Detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post

isn't Chrysler, Auburn Hills???

It's not so much what the puppet or straw man thinks and acts on, it's what the puppetteers are casting out that should worry people. Would detroit have been better without unions? Maybe. Progressive politicians? Maybe. But that's like saying Reagan and the Bushes were wholly responsible for the lead-up to US economic decline. It took the two parties to tango and everybody was responsible for the lack of oversight and the culture of privilege. Glenn Beck is being paid millions to spew his ignorant verbiage on the masses and many people will follow his sermons for the simple reason he has made a lot of money at it.

Beck = Clown

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast