Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Belle Isle on Google Maps

Why is the north side of Belle Isle blurred out???

Blurring out is usually reserved for Military Bases and Possible targets like power plants.

Buy American Guest

Haven't been to the island in many years but I remember a Coast Guard Station on the Canadian side and there was a nike site in the 50's on the island.

just seems odd

http://goo.gl/maps/SOAQ

Where is it blurred out? I can drop the little guy on any of the roads on the island and be free to wander about in cyberspace to my hearts content

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Haven't been to the island in many years but I remember a Coast Guard Station on the Canadian side and there was a nike site in the 50's on the island.

They were making shoes there?

DYC is blurred too.

Weird since the street view images are there and they don't show anything unusual.

Light clouds or fog. If you zoom in you can still see things. It appears that the stitch where two slices meet is off too.

Looks to me there is a slice that is using older low res sat. images. for a better look at belle isle check this out

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=r1q...=Detroit,%20MI

thanks bike4beer

bing looks like it has much better sat pics.

But it looks like google is more current.

Sandbar Lane isnt even built yet on bing and the Keelson Drive project is still being built.
    Last edited by fjw718; March-01-11 at 11:23 AM.

was looking around a bit more and found this. if you rotate around things appear and disappear.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=r1r...etroit%2C%20MI

Just noticed that if you walk on the deck by the Strand, you're in Canada.

Buy American Guest

D-26Nike 2B, 2C/12H, 20A/12L-UA, [[8L-H)DetroitBelle Isle, Michigan [[Shared double Launch facility with D-23, separate IFCs)1955 - Nov 1968Obliterated, City of Detroit. Now a part of Maheras-Gentry Park
    42°21′22″N 082°56′58″W / 42.35611°N 82.94944°W / 42.35611; -82.94944 [[D-26-CS)Obliterated, City of Detroit. Located on Belle Isle, south of Blue Heron Lagoon, East side of Lakeside Drive
    42°20′43″N 082°57′20″W / 42.34528°N 82.95556°W / 42.34528; -82.95556 [[D-26-LS)

Last edited by Buy American; March-01-11 at 01:46 PM.