Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default As the big apple rots

In the past year NYC has lost 350 billion in city taxes from the exodus.

Immigrant workers camped out in front of the mayors office demanding he tax the 119 billionaires for Covid relief up to $4500 per person because as illegals they do not qualify for federal relief.

The 119 billionaires in NYC pay over 53% of all taxes collected in the city.

AOC is pushing for a tax on perceived capital gains,for example,if you buy stock and that stock goes up in value $100,you will be taxed on that $100,it does not matter if you sell it or not.

If your 401k increases in value,you will be taxed on the increase weather you draw on it or not.

The mayor says,billionaires and millionaires need not return to the city,you are not welcome.

The average sale price on a Manhattan apartment has dropped 53% in the last year.

The exodus from the city to the burbs consists of the majority of the 25 to 35 age group.

Whats even worse,the ones fleeing NY to Florida cannot seem to leave the mindset behind and are bringing the same BS south with them.

They create little click communities and try to regulate how everybody else should be according to their book.

These crazy progressive liberal cities are like locusts,they consume one city and when it has nothing else to give,they go on to the next one and start the process all over again.
    Last edited by Richard; August-08-20 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    In the past year NYC has lost 350 billion in city taxes from the exodus.

Immigrant workers camped out in front of the mayors office demanding he tax the 119 billionaires for Covid relief up to $4500 per person because as illegals they do not qualify for federal relief.

The 119 billionaires in NYC pay over 53% of all taxes collected in the city.

AOC is pushing for a tax on perceived capital gains,for example,if you buy stock and that stock goes up in value $100,you will be taxed on that $100,it does not matter if you sell it or not.

If your 401k increases in value,you will be taxed on the increase weather you draw on it or not.

The mayor says,billionaires and millionaires need not return to the city,you are not welcome.

The average sale price on a Manhattan apartment has dropped 53% in the last year.

The exodus from the city to the burbs consists of the majority of the 25 to 35 age group.

Whats even worse,the ones fleeing NY to Florida cannot seem to leave the mindset behind and are bringing the same BS south with them.

They create little click communities and try to regulate how everybody else should be according to their book.

These crazy progressive liberal cities are like locusts,they consume one city and when it has nothing else to give,they go on to the next one and start the process all over again.
    These days you can buy and sell stock from anywhere online. And you don't have to live in a warzone, risking your freedom and life to do it. It seems like yesterday Giuliani turned New York around into a destination and not the place to flee from it's become.

My nomination for the dumbest DYES comment of the year...

People have been fleeing the north for decades... why do you thing Florida has exceeded New York state in population. Certainly not due to the breeding habits of Floridians.

Some people have a tough time getting used to the fact that states like North Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Texas are getting "bluer" by the year. I'm sure the Fox News watchers have been driven to near panic as to what this means in November...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    My nomination for the dumbest DYES comment of the year...

People have been fleeing the north for decades... why do you thing Florida has exceeded New York state in population. Certainly not due to the breeding habits of Floridians.

Some people have a tough time getting used to the fact that states like North Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Texas are getting "bluer" by the year. I'm sure the Fox News watchers have been driven to near panic as to what this means in November...
    Your nomination is disqualified because you posted it was a dumb post followed up by an even dumber comments about Fox News watchers,just because your go to news source is Sesame Street it does not put millions of other Americans into your lame category.

No other exodus in the United States has cost a city 350 Billion in lost city taxes in One Year.

Actually outside of your holiday inn express expertise,the facts are the southern states are more purple verses your misguided coveted blue theory.

As they proved in the last election,lots of former blue wake up to the reality of high taxation and what it brings.

You can only crush businesses and the working class so far before they wise up and flee.

I have one house that is homestead valued at 180k and my property tax is $460 a year,that includes trash pick up and I have all of the city benefits.

Another is $240k non homestead and the taxes are $1300 a year it is also in the city,yours?

There is a big difference in working for survival.

But hey,keep doing what you are doing and blaming Fox News for it,seems to be working pretty well for you.While everybody else is packing up the UHaul.

Seems like the big blue cities act like they are the experts and everybody else are the morons,but yet they are unable to stem the flow.

^ Hah. One thing about the very-rich is that INDEED they can leave!

It must be really tight as NY rich have always lived close proximity to the poorest - a short step away or around the corner, on the subways, etc.

They're pretty 'hearty' but this wave of lawlessness, crime, violence - insanity!?

I've family members there not so lucky to be able to pack up and go.

IT'S GETTING REALLY BAD. And dirtier as the trash collection systems crash.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-09-20 at 10:58 PM.

I don't know what hat it was sir Richard pulled that 350 billion dollars number from. NYC revenue for the fiscal year of 2019 was 92 billion and expenditures around 95 billion. Again, total nonsense from our expert in nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I don't know what hat it was sir Richard pulled that 350 billion dollars number from. NYC revenue for the fiscal year of 2019 was 92 billion and expenditures around 95 billion. Again, total nonsense from our expert in nonsense.
    It is the era of BS. Just make anything up that fits your narrative and your good to go. “Leftist commies are going to kick you out of your house and move in! Only Trump can save you!”

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    It is the era of BS. Just make anything up that fits your narrative and your good to go. “Leftist commies are going to kick you out of your house and move in! Only Trump can save you!”

Yes, like Mister Hooper telling the Sesame Street audience that Big Bird will save them.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    If you are going to call me sir Richard,I would prefer you capitalize the S in Sir.

Let me help you out a little here.

According to a report from New World Wealth and Webster Pacific, the combined wealth in the Big Apple fell by $336 billion in the 12 months ending June 30.
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...rich-skip-town

As of right now New York City ranks 75th in there debt ratio?

The average New York resident is now liable for over $64,000 of the future debt.

The rich in New York pay 53% of the taxes in the city.

Do you know what city is in a better long term financial future then New York City ?

Detroit

New York city subsidies their public transit system to the point where it has a 8 billion dollar a year deficit.

Is that consider sustainable ?

The cities in the worst fiscal condition are New York City, Chicago, Philadelphia, Honolulu, and San Francisco.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mayraro.../#5bb373ea2ebb

Not for nothing but your figures for fiscal year 2019 92 billion with expenditures of 95 million not only is a negative but it is excluding the pension obligations,you really need to redo the math and include that.

A recent actuarial report issued by New York City’s controller shows the city’s unfunded other post-employment benefits [[OPEB) liability rose by $9.3 billion to $107.8 billion during the 2019 fiscal year.

The city’s unfunded OPEB liability exceeds that of any other local government in the country, as well as that of most states. New York City’s large pool of OPEB red ink is attributable to several causes, including its large number of participating employees and retirees, its cost of benefits per retiree, and a lack of pre-funding.

https://reason.org/commentary/new-yo...s-100-billion/
    Last edited by Richard; August-20-20 at 05:44 PM.

If you are going to call me sir Richard,I would prefer you capitalize the S in Sir.

According to a report from New World Wealth and Webster Pacific, the combined wealth in the Big Apple fell by $336 billion in the 12 months ending June 30.

The average New York resident is now liable for over $64,000 of the future debt.

Do you know what city is in a better long term financial future then New York City ?

Detroit

New York city subsidies their public transit system to the point where it has a 8 billion dollar a year deficit.

The cities in the worst fiscal condition are New York City, Chicago, Philadelphia, Honolulu, and San Francisco.

Not for nothing but your figures for fiscal year 2019 92 billion with expenditures of 95 million not only is a negative but it is excluding the pension obligations,you really need to redo the math and include that.

A recent actuarial report issued by New York City’s controller shows the city’s unfunded other post-employment benefits [[OPEB) liability rose by $9.3 billion to $107.8 billion during the 2019 fiscal year.

The city’s unfunded OPEB liability exceeds that of any other local government in the country, as well as that of most states. New York City’s large pool of OPEB red ink is attributable to several causes, including its large number of participating employees and retirees, its cost of benefits per retiree, and a lack of pre-funding.

They probably didn't have all that on Sesame Street.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-20-20 at 05:54 PM.

I love NY.
    I kinda hate it too.
    It'd be great if it becomes affordable again.
    Keep on keepin' on ye haters.
    Maybe your kids will come home.
    Last edited by bust; August-20-20 at 07:24 PM.

Detroit

Think about what you just wrote. Don't be so quick to put a Capital letter before sir. 119 billionaires don't pay 53% of all NYC taxes. That is just as illogical as your previous statement. They pay about 5 billion in taxes.

There are more than the billionaires in NYC. There are thousands of multi-millionaires, and most property owners in NYC have real estate assets that are close to a million at least.
    Last edited by canuck; August-20-20 at 07:59 PM.

The vast majority of NYC billionaires evade city and state taxes by making sure they can claim they resided in one of their vacation homes or were otherwise outside of NY at least half a year. Usually in some tax shelter state or a foreign country.

That's just one of their shenanigans. Others are companies registered overseas, offshore bank accounts, etc..

They pay little or no state or city tax, and many pay only marginal federal tax -- only if ours exceeds whatever sum their high-priced accountants concoct they've paid somewhere else.

These tricks are available only to the super-wealthy.
    The vast majority of us pay our fair share.
    Last edited by bust; August-20-20 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    The vast majority of us pay our fair share.

I wouldn't say VAST majority,.. as the majority of Americans pay little to no Federal Income tax at all.

Some 46% of Americans pay no Fed income tax at all, and the 5-15% above that pay precious little.

Yet they're eligible for Obamacare, receive stimulus checks, benefit from our military strength, Federal Funding for schools, Federal funding for roads, etc, etc.

Perhaps the 65th percentile up to the 99.5th percentile DO pay their fair share.

Then to make up for the lower 50% paying nothing or almost nothing,.. the government needs to borrow trillions.

Copied and pasted from another thread:

Bigdd there's no point arguing with you.
    Your erroneous data and faulty logic: uncorrected.
    Your mind won't change, it's a shame.
    The vast majority of us see through your 'splainin.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Copied and pasted from another thread:

Bigdd there's no point arguing with you.
    Your mind won't change, it's a shame.
    The vast majority of us see through your 'splainin.
    You just hate facts. It's a left thing it seems.

I'll change my mind when you show me how the VAST majority of peole pay their fair share of Federal income taxes.

GO ! [[I'll wait here)

Nah. I hate when facts are discarded and faked.
    You won't change your mind.
    Our tax system does not favor the vast majority of us.
    It favors the few. Fewer and lots richer since Trump.
    As for NY, I don't need you to 'splain.
    I lived there for nearly 3 decades myself.
    Last edited by bust; August-20-20 at 10:16 PM.