Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Blue Angels jet on I-75

Anybody else seen the Blue Angels jet headed north on I-75 today. It was on a flat bed trailer and had its wings taken off. I seen it around 3:30 pm by 12 mile.

It had been parked at City Airport but some time last night it had its landing gear stolen. The pilot came out this morning to find it up on cinder blocks.

I was in that area today but did not see any planes on trailers. However, i stopped by the Home Depot on 12 Mile, where I seen a saw, but I decided to wait a sale before pulling the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimm View Post
    I was in that area today but did not see any planes on trailers. However, i stopped by the Home Depot on 12 Mile, where I seen a saw, but I decided to wait a sale before pulling the trigger.

i seen that saw also, i am building a see-saw for my kids, up at my cottage on the sea shore... i'll wait til spring to get it......
    Last edited by Goose; February-25-11 at 11:11 PM.

I seent it too. So I saw the wood in two that I brung myself, see?
    Last edited by Hamtragedy; February-25-11 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Poor Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    It had been parked at City Airport but some time last night it had its landing gear stolen. The pilot came out this morning to find it up on cinder blocks.
    Must have been one of those billion dollar govement aircraft with the gold plated rims....

Only in Detroit

Did ya yell out "Look Boss, Da plane!!!" ?

fidler
    It appears that your improper use of the language is taking a severe beating, my mother would have just made me look it up. Better put a steak on that eye.

EASTSIDE, your grammar ain't so hot either. Check out the improper punctuation in your first sentence; the comma should be a period. As is, it's a run-on sentence. [[You realize, this is all just good, clean fun, right?)

3WC
    My liberal use of comma's goes way back, and yes my Marx Brothersesc dry since of humor picked up on it immediately.... hence my comment. Without humor we'd all just be a bunch of animals so I couldn't resist.

I can only assume that the US Navy is going green and saving gas by pulling it on a trailer......

I got the answer for you, Fiddler. Friend of mine is affiliated with the Yankee Air Museum and the Air Shows at Willow Run. He said that the plane is going to be housed at the Detroit Science Center. There will be an exhibit there in a couple of months. If you check the DSC website there should be more information.