Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Miltary Deploys Psy-Ops on Sentators

What do you think of this ? Is this just heavy duty lobbying or is it something darker , more sinister that they had in mind. The first thing that came to mind was the lie that the Viet Nam war must be fought because if we lost Viet Nam the rest of SE Asia would fall like dominos to the communist. The second thing was is this some manchurian candidate type foolishness.

These Congress people fall all over themselves trying to be more of a " support the troops" than the next guy.

When as in truth one of the reasons the economy is in the shape it is in is the unfunded wars. Now the military establishment wants increased funding and our deficit reducing friends make zero mention of the military being responsible for a lot of this debt nor make any mention about cutting the funding.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...0110223?page=1

This is the information I was seeking:
    When the unit resisted the order, arguing that it violated U.S. laws prohibiting the use of propaganda against American citizens, it was subjected to a campaign of retaliation.
    That's an important point to remember for future reference. That would be the first meme a malicious propagandist would try to "uncreate."

wow just wow... the right is critical of the war now.. that it is evident it is costing us.. I find it funny that the was suddenly is not cost effective to the groups that rushed into it.. easy to kill brown folks when it appears to not cist us.. The Terrorists were in afghanistan not Iraq..[[like the neocons led us to beleive)..but now the rightis critical of our President.. I also know the role of the foriegn lobby in Iraq and how now they are drumming support to hit Iran,...that is until all revolution broke out in the Middle east.. God willing they take care of this themselves.. peace to all people of the middle-east all people..Jews, Muslims and the original Christians.

More from the Stones article:
    Holmes believed that using his team to target American civilians violated the Smith-Mundt Act of 1948, which was passed by Congress to prevent the State Department from using Soviet-style propaganda techniques on U.S. citizens.
    That's worth some more reading: Smith–Mundt Act. I think this came up in another unrelated recent story.

The general’s chief of staff also asked Holmes how Caldwell could secretly manipulate the U.S. lawmakers without their knowledge. "How do we get these guys to give us more people?" he demanded.

Levine, who has a spotless record and 19 service awards after 16 years in the military, including a tour of duty in Kuwait and Iraq, fears that she has become "the collateral damage" in the military’s effort to retaliate against Holmes. "It will probably end my career," she says. "My father was an officer, and I believed officers would never act like this. I was devastated. I’ve lost my faith in the military, and I couldn’t in good conscience recommend anyone joining right now."
    Looks like the general's plan kind of backfired on him.

From today's Detroit News: Army unit accused of mind tricks to get war aid
    "For years, I have strongly and repeatedly advocated for building up Afghan military capability because I believe only the Afghans can truly secure their nation's future," [Sen. Carl Levin] said in a statement. "I have never needed any convincing on this point. Quite the opposite, my efforts have been aimed at convincing others of the need for larger, more capable Afghan security forces, and that we and NATO should send more trainers to Afghanistan, rather than more combat troops."
    Today's lesson: Never engage in a public war of words with someone whose job is to "play with people’s heads." LOL!