Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Radical politics in sixities detroit

Frank Ditto. Donald Lobsinger. Al Fishman. The George Wallace rally at Cobo hall. Police brutality-stickin it to the man! The Black Panthers-the Gray Panthers. John Sinclair!

Frank Ditto's organization which was based on the east side fought for black students and workers-Donald Lobsinger agitated on behalf of the angry white right wing. Al Fishman formed the New Democratic Coalition,a left of center organization that supported progressive common council members, and is now , I believe a communist party newspaper writer. Any angry-bitter memories thoughts and feelings?

Source: Detroit Scope Magazine

Vox Guest

No, not really. Why would you ask?
    You have to love those capitalistic hating, running pig dog types that suppress the working man. Power to the people, and maybe some assorted domesticated animals as well.
    Last edited by Vox; February-24-11 at 11:05 PM.

Lobsinger made an appearance recently before the Macomb County Commission, complaining that Martin Luther King was a communist. Old age apparently hasn't mellowed him at all...

You can read all about it in my Red Squad file collected by the Detroit Police and federal government agencies. It can't happen here? It already has.

I wish I wouldnt have mispelled a word in the title of this thread....

There is a short episode of anti- Vietnam war demonstrators being confronted by Donald Lobsinger's Breakthrough as part of a collection of films among the Prelinger Archives.

http://www.archive.org/details/LostL...sOfDetroit2010

I couldn't find the Lobsinger clip Eno..great site tho.....

It's at the 18 minute mark. No Lobsinger but the black anti-communist was always among the Breakthrough group.

Old Donald always looked like Lee Harvey Oswald's brother to me.
    Justin Ravitz and Ken Cockrel stirred up plenty of shit on the left.
    Amazing how those guys went "legit" and tried to change things from inside the system.
    Lobsinger is probably still a John Bircher.