Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Dwayne Mcduffie is dead.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110223/..._obit_mcduffie

He was a pretty enjoyable part of my childhood [[adulthood too).

I got to meet him for the first time at the Motor City Comic-Con in Novi two years ago.. I remember online several months prior he mentioned that he'd been trying to make it there for years but apparently the organizers never reached out to him.. He signed several comics, and re-signed one that was mailed to me by Milestone comics back in the 90s when they were running a "letter of the month" contest.. Very warm and genial guy.. His body of work for Marvel, DC, Milestone and the WB-animation projects is excellent.. as a comics-toons fan, I would have loved to get the chance to work with him..

...I remember on his online forums, at one point there was a thread where he brought up Towne Cola..

Tremendously sad news. I knew Dwayne years ago when we were kids and went to the same school. Very nice, sweet, extremely smart, and fun man, and a pioneer in his chosen profession. My condolences to his family, friends, and loved ones.

Neverheardofhim.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Neverheardofhim.
    Then why the hell don't you look him up before you decide to post? Particularly on someone's memorial thread? Y'know, we have these interwebs and googly things now that makes looking up information kinda simple...