Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    littlebuddy Guest

Default Islam has been hijacked by...

the well meaning, but misguided moderate Muslims who have tried to make who Muhammud was and the things he did out to be different than what he was truly all about. Just like the liberal "christians" have made Jesus out to be just another guy with a few nice sayings. But Islam being the false religion it is anyway, I guess you can make it be anything you want it to be, but what it truly is will always be best shown by how the "fanatical" Muslims live.

What is a "false religion"?

gdogslim Guest

All religions could be seen as false. All religious books have some truths and lies in them.

littlebuddy Guest

What are the truths you speak of and what are the lies, and how do you know these?

Augustiner Guest

Everyone projects their own worldview onto whatever religion they practice, even so-called "fundamentalists." You can call it "hijacking" if you like, but I think you'd be hard-pressed to name anyone of any faith who doesn't do it to some extent.

gdogslim Guest

Quote Originally Posted by littlebuddy View Post
    What are the truths you speak of and what are the lies, and how do you know these?
    I know because I am, therefore it is said.

re: "Augustiner Everyone projects their own worldview onto whatever religion they practice, even so-called "fundamentalists." You can call it "hijacking" if you like, but I think you'd be hard-pressed to name anyone of any faith who doesn't do it to some extent."
    - ^A very wise statement

It is also impossible not to form an opinion about someone when you first see them.
    Therefore, by default, everyone is prejudiced.

Religion is full of fantastical DOGMAS, just pick your God and follow its path.

Hey Little Buddy do you actually know that the God of the Muslims is the same God of teh Jews..

I will give you a clue....Abra\ham... Ismael and Issac... get a clue

oh by the way the Christians you refer to that are too liberal.. resemble the teachings of Jesus a Jewish guy... plese read the sermon on the mount and see who he walked with...not the Koch Brothers.

It is the Jesus factor that makes for the crucial difference and distinction both sides argue.
    Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post
    Hey Little Buddy do you actually know that the God of the Muslims is the same God of teh Jews..

I will give you a clue....Abra\ham... Ismael and Issac... get a clue

Everything you ever wanted to know about Islam.

http://thereligionofpeace.com/

Truth? Not really.

Lies? Not really.

More like a collection of short stories, fables and tall tales based on individual observances, opinions and experiences from which everyone will take away something different. Really more fiction and folklore than anything else.

littlebuddy Guest

The god of Islam is not the same God of the bible, no matter how hard you try to twist it, it is not so.

The god of Islam is not the same God of the bible, no matter how hard you try to twist it, it is not so.
    So explain this statement. In what ways are they not the same? A lot of the early suras in the Quran sound just like psalms because they are all semitic poetry. The Quran claims to be the latest and greatest message from the Creator and claims that the Bible was corrupted by men. But the Quran doesn't really have anything new to say except that Muhammad is the foremost prophet and if you don't believe him, you'll go to hell. THe seventy-two virgins bit was the invention of same later imam and the virgins are sometimes translated as white raisins.

I heard somewhere that the primary language used by Jesus would have been Aramaic and in that language the word for "God" is "Allah." Just thought that was an interesting bit of trivia.

GUSHI Guest

As far as I know its the same GOD it differs on phropets, I know alot of Muslims and they are not extermist. You have twisted people in all religons. A few f things up for the rest. The country of my ansectors was under 500 years of Ottoman rule. In the 500 years it went from Christian to Muslim. Currently its now 75% Muslim. Myself i'm Christian, The Turks never conquered the highlands, because of its rugged terrain. To me its disgusting to kill people and use religon for the reason,just my 2 cents.

Too much negativity and violence around the world , and who's creating most of it ? Muslims have been killing each other for hundreds of years and I suspect it will continue just as soon as the US leaves the ME

GUSHI Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    Too much negativity and violence around the world , and who's creating most of it ? Muslims have been killing each other for hundreds of years and I suspect it will continue just as soon as the US leaves the ME
    People are dying everyday in Africa, We all know the reason were in the Iraq is because of oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    Yeah and its the fault of coalition forces that shia and sunni muslims committed -are committing the most horrendous atrocities upon one another.<sarcasam..was the USA in the middle east when terrorists struck the munich olympics? or hijacked that plane in entebbe? or through Leon Klinghoffer off the cruise ship into the ocean or blew up that plane over Lockerbie Scotland?Point being radical muslims often use the presence of U.S. forces in the region as an excuse to kill marines [[remember the barracks in Lebanon that was bombed)? and kidnap American journalists and peace activists..
    Last edited by terryh; February-24-11 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    People are dying everyday in Africa, We all know the reason were in the Iraq is because of oil.
    Yeah but the ousting of Saddam incited a delightful war between shia and sunni..more barbarism on display for the civilzed world to view....what is driving that barbarism? .......

Many 'moderate' muslims are fanatics in disguise..the name escapes me at the moment but one extremist posed with former president Clinton and Vice president Al Gore. Muslims want us to respect that their prophet muhammed was visited by the angel gabriel,[[schizophrenia) and are trying to restrict our freedom of expression through intimidation, plotting, riots and assorted maimings and mayhem. The Danish media reprinted the cartoons of the terrorist muhammed after a plot to murder the brave and brilliant creator of the entertaining toons. Government officials in our country asked the pastor [[he gets and A for effort) not to burn the korap out of fear of retribution,on American citizens worldwide.... not out of respect for the muslim holy book [[protesters burned the koran in New York video is on you tube)..fear breeds hatred..and how do you think young ladies in muslim communities who have children outside of religious or civil wedlock are treated? islam like the other big three religions teaches that children born outside of marriage are bastards and illiegitimate..dont forget that....their children are more 'legitimate' because they had a sheik or a pastor or pedophile priest mumble some hocus pocus...I would feel much more comfortable raising my family next to a synagogue or gay community center than a dark and dismal mosque frequented by sinister brooding bearded muslims.

Muslims can dish it out, but they cant take it.
    Last edited by terryh; February-24-11 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Truth? Not really.

Lies? Not really.

More like a collection of short stories, fables and tall tales based on individual observances, opinions and experiences from which everyone will take away something different. Really more fiction and folklore than anything else.
    There ya go! As far as I'm concerned the bible is an ancient game of telephone. Somewhere along the lines there is fact. This book has been altered so many times to suit whoever's needs and beleifs.

It's a guide if anything.

"The god of Islam is not the same God of the bible, no matter how hard you try to twist it, it is not so."

You can find the same story of Noah's Ark in the Quran as in the Bible. There is also the same story of Moses in the Quran as in the Bible. And I'm sure many more.

I can't beleive littlebuddy is admitting there is more than one God! Blasphamy! Yoooousa gonna be ins somea trouble now! LOL!
    Or is littlebuddy just saying that it's ok....because Allah is an inferior God to his God...so he's not putting Allah before God???
    Or is it impossible to put one before the other since they're - the - same - God?!

I'm pissed off at myself for getting sucked into one of his stupid hate mongering threads...dammit.

GUSHI Guest

One group thinks its better the other one, happens here all the time. but not to that extent.
    Quote Originally Posted by terryh View Post
    Yeah but the ousting of Saddam incited a delightful war between shia and sunni..more barbarism on display for the civilzed world to view....what is driving that barbarism? .......

Why cant hamas and limit rocket launching into the cars of jewish religous fanatics? Its 'gods will' that it was the settlers time to go and both hamas and the settlers claim a divine right to the land?...

Quote Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
    There ya go! As far as I'm concerned the bible is an ancient game of telephone. Somewhere along the lines there is fact. This book has been altered so many times to suit whoever's needs and beleifs.

It's a guide if anything.

"The god of Islam is not the same God of the bible, no matter how hard you try to twist it, it is not so."

You can find the same story of Noah's Ark in the Quran as in the Bible. There is also the same story of Moses in the Quran as in the Bible. And I'm sure many more.

I can't beleive littlebuddy is admitting there is more than one God! Blasphamy! Yoooousa gonna be ins somea trouble now! LOL!
    Or is littlebuddy just saying that it's ok....because Allah is an inferior God to his God...so he's not putting Allah before God???
    Or is it impossible to put one before the other since they're - the - same - God?!

I'm pissed off at myself for getting sucked into one of his stupid hate mongering threads...dammit.
    PLAGIARISM....the koran isa plagiarized book...
    Last edited by terryh; February-24-11 at 08:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast