Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Detroit Pizza delivery man fatally shoots man in robbery attempt.

The way you titled your post makes it seem like the pizza man was the robber, not the robbee. Just for clarification, the pizza delivery guy was the one being robbed, and defended himself against the attackers.
    Last edited by BrushStart; February-21-11 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Shoulda been plural

That should read attackers. Three men attempted to rob a pizza delivery man. One robber had a gun and was shot by the pizza delivery man.

dually noted.

Good work out of the pizza dude. This is why law abiding citizens NEED to have the right to carry and protect themselves.

Absolutely!
    Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    Good work out of the pizza dude. This is why law abiding citizens NEED to have the right to carry and protect themselves.

I meant to have the title as same as the headline but missed the "Police:" part at the beginning.

Freep reports the two other robbers were/are residents of Harper woods.

Anybody seen Mauser lately? I know he likes pizza.

Lead is not one of my favorite toppings, they were foolish to order it.

Michigan = Texas?

Good for him.

I agree, we should all be able to carry freely...as long as we don't have a history of violence and anger management issues.

Make the perps think twice about approaching anyone, ever.

Gnome, shame on you.

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    Correct - "have the right to carry and protect themselves". But not multiple, long barrel, military type weapons with huge clips, not weapons of mass destruction, and not if the carrier has a criminal or mental record. There is no absolute in the right to carry and arm yourself.

.....deleted
    Last edited by bailey; February-21-11 at 03:15 PM. Reason: freep had information detnews did not.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Correct - "have the right to carry and protect themselves". But not multiple, long barrel, military type weapons with huge clips, not weapons of mass destruction, and not if the carrier has a criminal or mental record. There is no absolute in the right to carry and arm yourself.
    Do my 30/.06 rifles with a 5 magazine clip's that I use for hunting meet your criteria? They are deadly accurate to 400+ yards

I wonder what Pizzaria the guy workes for?

I wonder if it was a driver from Happys, since I know they had some issues a few years go simmilar to this.

Watch out when you order the .22 special.
    Delivery guys have thankless jobs.
    Real dummies keeping it real by trying to rob
    a pizza guy. I can only imagine how they'll explain
    their incarceration to the other homies in the joint.
    "The pizza guy got the drop on us."

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Freep reports the two other robbers were/are residents of Harper woods.

Anybody seen Mauser lately? I know he likes pizza.

They were high schoolers- including the one was killed.

Buy American Guest

"When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation... And that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act."

I couldn't have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDE G View Post
    I wonder what Pizzaria the guy workes for?
    Papa's Pizza.
    http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...,-kills-robber

Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by laurin View Post
    They were high schoolers- including the one was killed.
    I read somewhere that the one killed was 19 or 20 years old. He may still have been in highschool[[!?), but definately old enough to know better.

Alex.

No way am I gonna risk my ass over someone else's crappy Hungry Howies pie and their $20 change. Id laugh and give it to them. Now pizza dude is gonna be spending how much time in court trying to clear his name? Over a pie. Pfffft!

Thats all we need is more guns.

Anyone can get a permit to carry now, its more dangerous than ever out there.

Dont give me the crap about only criminals will have guns rant. Getting in a gunfight over anything other than a loved one is just stupid.

I see the homies showing off the guns under their jackets on a regular basis at the party store, their often loaded[[drunk loaded or high) and no doubt a few of them have tempers. More guns is not the answer. Fucking macho bullshit. Get a clue, your penis probably isn't nearly as small as you might think it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MEzCtyRWP8 heres a little comedy on gun control

And yes, where is Mauser???

Attachment 8890

Mauser Mauser Maaaaaaauser, where are you?

I think they found a clever way to bring STRESS back.

Stop the robberies, enjoy your pizza.

It depends on how you look at it... the ultimate response of lethal force [[which is not something responsibile people are flippant about) may "insure" that you will see your 'loved' and love ones again. And not have them see [[view) you in a casket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    ...Getting in a gunfight over anything other than a loved one is just stupid.

Indeed a tragic end. Which is why I warn teens I come into contact with that people are getting weary of being preyed upon and 'marked' for robberies, murder, home invasions, car jackin' et al. If you choose to get into the lifestyle of threatening people your age may not be a factor in their response! Especially as some teens look older than they are... Sometimes you play, you pay the ultimate price.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    I read somewhere that the one killed was 19 or 20 years old. He may still have been in highschool[[!?), but definately old enough to know better.

Alex.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-21-11 at 09:55 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast