Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default A trip through Cincinnati

I've visited Cincinnati many times in the past few years. There's a lot of great things going on there, but still a lot of areas in need of improvement. Much of those areas are the focus of these photos. It's not meant to cast the city in a bad light, rather showcase the marvelous architecture Cincinnati has to offer.

Hope you enjoy!
    1/22

2/22

3/22

4/22

5/22

6/22

7/22

8/22

9/22

10/22

11/22

12/22

13/22

14/22

15/22

16/22

17/22

18/22

19/22

20/22

21/22

22/22

Thanks for showing these wolverine. I was looking at old pictures of Cincinnati a month ago and noticed how much the city has to offer in beautiful architecture. It was one of those very diverse cities of industry right from the start. A true american gem in terms of invention.

Thank you for the pics!!! At 6/22 it reminds me of alot of homes and buildings on the east side,,narrow and straight up.....
    Cincinnati has alot of old history behind it...Still there is alot of old buildings sights that are around town that alot of people drive, walk by and dont realize what part of history they played into...
    The subway that was almost complete...There are people that never knew Cincinnati had a subway and when the funds ended,,it was lost forever except for the tracks,,,portals,,stations..Alot are stil there..
    Incline railways...That one thing I wish they would restore,,just 1 of them...No tracks around,,but at certain areas of the city you can still see the cuts tru the hills,,and some places still have the pillars that supported the railway..
    The trolly....Certian places still have the turn arounds,,and some streets you can still see the rails in the road way they paves over them....Ther are a few trolly poles,,sub station ,garage buildings, turn arounds,still left ..
    The Cincinnati Union Terminal....One of the most beautiful places to see...Art deco,,and half dome building.....Now The Cincinnati Museum Center......For all the folks that drive on I-75 you can see it and wonder what the heck is that....I took my Daughter there back in 1999 and it is a really neat place to vist....I wondered for years what was that building when I was a child....You can spend a whole day with family there and want to see and learn more...It's just so cool..
    Crosley Field,,,it's gone but my Dad took me to the first Reds game there....Paved over but there is a marker where it used to be at.....The Crosley factory is still there farther north......
    Price Hill....Sovereign restaurant and turned it into apts. with a turn around,,and it had the best view of the city below...
    Skyline Chili,,,goetta,,,hole in the wall places....I always enjoyed so much in that town.....