Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Why is this idiot smiling for his mug shot?

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Because he's plowed.

Miguel Cabrera charged with DUI in Florida

Associated Press / Associated Press

Fort Pierce, Fla.— Detroit Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera has been arrested on drunken driving charges in Florida. The St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office says the 27-year-old's car engine was smoking alongside a road late Wednesday when a deputy spotted the vehicle.
    According to the arrest report, Cabrera smelled of alcohol, had slurred speech and took a swig from a bottle of scotch in front of a deputy.
    Advertisement

Police say Cabrera repeatedly refused to cooperate, saying, "Do you know who I am? You don't know anything about my problems."
    In 2009, the All-Star first baseman got into a fight with his wife after a night of drinking, right before his team surrendered the American League Central Division title to the Twins.
    Cabrera posted $1,350 bond and was released today.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110217/...#ixzz1EECKenTC

"Hi Mr. Dombrowski. It's me, Miguel. You'll never guess what happened again."

People either cry or laugh when they are really drunk.

I laughed when I read "Do you know who I am?"

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    [COLOR=#000000]["Hi Mr. Dombrowski. It's me, Miguel. You'll never guess what happened again."
    I really lol'd....

From the Macomb Daily this morning:

During spring training last year, Cabrera said he was done drinking alcohol after he spent much of the offseason in counseling.

“You guys write in the paper ’alcoholic,’ that’s not right,” he said last March before a spring training workout. “I don’t know how to explain, but it’s not an alcohol problem.”

Maybe now he'll be willing to admit that it *IS* "an alcohol problem". And I don't mean that to sound snarky or sarcastic....I really hope that he does see this as a problem with alcohol.

I think he needs to seek advice from Josh Hamilton of the Rangers.

Get a Clue

The 12 Steps

Step 1 We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable
    Last edited by MizMotown; February-17-11 at 11:18 AM.

Yeah, Im guessing the cops knew who he was, seeing as his last DUI made national news.

Hopefully Dombrowski suspends this guy for a long time.

What kind of trade market is there for a $20,000,000 alcoholic 1st baseman?

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    Hopefully Dombrowski suspends this guy for a long time.

What kind of trade market is there for a $20,000,000 alcoholic 1st baseman?
    Ask the Marlins. What did they from Detroit for him?

How disappointing. Seemingly he has avoided a DUI.
    "Cabrera faces two misdemeanor counts of resisting arrest without violence and for open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle."