Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default The Dollar Beer Thread

Whether you're wallet is hurting due to the economy, you're just a good bargain hunter, or you realize getting plowed drinking 6 beers for $6 is much better than getting plowed on $6 beers, I figure it's time to compile a list of local watering holes and finer beverage dispensing establishments that have dollar beer specials [[and other ubber cheap drinks).

Here's my list for starters:

Madison's Pub [[formerly Post Bar) Mt Clemens
    $1 Coors Light drafts all day every day. 12 ounces cups
    $2 any liquor Thursdays
    50 cent Coors Light Friday

Dooley's [[Roseville\Utica)
    $1 drafts 11am-8pm daily

HockeyTown Cafe [[Detroit)
    $5 Miller high life pitchers during away wings and tigers games.

Aspen [[Macomb)
    99 cent Drafts ~ All Day Every Day Select Beers
    $ 4 Pitchers
    $ 3 Pitcher and 25 cent wings during all Pistons, Wings, Lions and Tiger Games
    Last edited by Lowell; June-11-09 at 08:38 AM.

Tuesday and Sunday nights at Small's all domestic bottles are $2.

LodgeDodger Guest

Life is too short to drink crappy beer. I'd rather drink one, good-tasting beer than to drink six crappy ones...

For some good beer.

Foran's Grand Trunk Pub has $2 pints on Tuesday from 6pm-8pm
    They also do Halfternoon on Sat. and Sun. 50c beers starting at noon going up 50c every half hour.

$0.75 Old Milwaukee drafts at the Temple Bar [[Cass at Temple). They're twelve oz. glasses, but sheeeit...$0.75! Needless to say, the place can be pretty seedy.

Whiskey in the Jar in Hamtramck has Black Label and Old Style Cans for a buck all day long. and SoHo in Ferndale has .75 drafts on Mondays

cass cafe, pabst on tuesday and black label on thursday

I miss LeMan's 411.

Two Wiedemann's for a buck, baby...

cheddar bob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Life is too short to drink crappy beer. I'd rather drink one, good-tasting beer than to drink six crappy ones...
    Some of us are just beer whores that will pretty much drink anything that is not named Miller or Michelob. And will even drink those two if they're free. I like good expensive beer, too. In fact I've been known to drink one good-tasting beer and then six crappy ones.

$1 PBR & well drinks at the lager house every monday.
    $2 labatt blue & $3 jameson shots on tuesdays.

$2 pbr & $3 domestics all other days.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar bob View Post
    Some of us are just beer whores that will pretty much drink anything that is not named Miller or Michelob. And will even drink those two if they're free. I like good expensive beer, too. In fact I've been known to drink one good-tasting beer and then six crappy ones.
    I generally don't drink more than a couple of beers at a time. The "more for your money" mindset doesn't work for me.

I remember an article on Hamtramck in the old Free Press magazine described a bar where Red, White & Blue beers were three for a dollar. Can anybody beat that?

WAB--Ferndale $2 pints Sunday after 9pm

Lily's Seafood--Royal Oak- $2 pints Monday nights & Saturday happy hour 11am-6pm

The Post-Ferndale Monday night $2 Ghettoblaster pints.

Temple bar [[Detroit): $.75 Draft PBRs, everynight
    LJs, $1 Jello Shots everynight
    Cass Cafe, $1 black label cans [[forget which day)

BWW on Wayne Road in Westland has dollar beers from 7-8 on Thursdays, just got back.

40 oz of Black Label at Honest Johns $4.

Black Label in french is pronounced Labelle Noir.

Cases of Label Noir in Hamtramck retail for $11. Show up at the rink with those in your tool box.

Lodger, I too think your way. But the wallet says different. Thats why I live the HIGH LIFE.

The Champipple of Beers

Looking for $2 Schlitz...

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtragedy View Post
    40 oz of Black Label at Honest Johns $4.

Black Label in french is pronounced Labelle Noir.

Cases of Label Noir in Hamtramck retail for $11. Show up at the rink with those in your tool box.
    OMG OMG OMG!

There's a bar in Detroit where you can buy 40's at the bar!?! I read about a place once in North Carolina that had that and I have been dying to go there...now I don't have to travel as far.

Thank you so much man!

Quote Originally Posted by Khartoum View Post
    OMG OMG OMG!

There's a bar in Detroit where you can buy 40's at the bar!?! I read about a place once in North Carolina that had that and I have been dying to go there...now I don't have to travel as far.

Thank you so much man!
    There is a place in Chicago [[believe it's called empire liquors) where you can buy 40's at the bar... and they serve it to you in a paper bag!

All day on Tuesdays at Bailey's [[Dearborn, Canton, and I think Troy) it's $2 pints all day. That includes the good stuff.

22. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Khartoum View Post
    OMG OMG OMG!

Thank you so much man!
    Yeah it's pretty much awesome - they give you a frosty glass to enjoy it in. Plus Black Label is delicious.

All these beer deals are fantastic! Great info! Thanks guys!

Theres a local band that plays around town called Free Beer. So when they play the sign outside the club says, Tonight; Free Beer. So that got me to thinking. What if someone started a band called Naked Women, and someone else started a band called No Cover. They could all play together and the sign outside the club would read; Tonight; Free Beer, Naked Women, No Cover

Downriv,
    Surely you've heard of the Bare Naked Ladies :-)

$2 Blatz bottles everynight at the Bronx...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast