Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default W. Bush to be awarded the Medal of Freedom

The Metal of Freedom is the highest award given to US civilians. "The Medal of Freedom is presented to people who have made important contributions to U.S. national security, world peace, culture or other significant public or private endeavors." It will be awarded to President Bush by President Obama; himself a recipient of a Nobel Peace prize. Last week, CPAC awarded Donald Rumsfield with it's coveted annual “Defender of the Constitution” award. Obama to honor Medal of Freedom recipients Tuesday

Years ago, when we intermittently only had one channel, my wife and I would occasionally turn on some sort of Hollywood stars program in which Hollywood stars seemed to be always giving each other a lot of meaningless awards. Somehow I am reminded of that program. At other moments, I wonder if our media and political class haven't gone through the mirror and the Mad Hatter is now offering metals. But really, a Medal of Freedom for W. Bush?

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    The Metal of Freedom is the highest award given to US civilians. "The Medal of Freedom is presented to people who have made important contributions to U.S. national security, world peace, culture or other significant public or private endeavors." It will be awarded to President Bush by President Obama; himself a recipient of a Nobel Peace prize. Last week, CPAC awarded Donald Rumsfield with it's coveted annual “Defender of the Constitution” award. Obama to honor Medal of Freedom recipients Tuesday

Years ago, when we intermittently only had one channel, my wife and I would occasionally turn on some sort of Hollywood stars program in which Hollywood stars seemed to be always giving each other a lot of meaningless awards. Somehow I am reminded of that program. At other moments, I wonder if our media and political class haven't gone through the mirror and the Mad Hatter is now offering metals. But really, a Medal of Freedom for W. Bush?
    Wonder no more!

Another example of our 'ruling class', 'political elite', not only getting off scott free, but additionally, receiving awards for starting wars, killing thousands and screwing up the entire 'world'. Yes, I said 'world'. Not an overstatement. Accurate. Go to your local store, steal a loaf of bread and a package of lunchmeat and see where it gets you.

I'll bet this award is part of NO!bama administrations bi-partisanship plan.

Just remember that NO!bama's NObel was awarded on layaway. He's way overdue on his layaway payments. Layaway is canceled and the award goes back out on the floor to be awarded to someone who actually makes the necessary payments and deserves a Nobel.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    But really, a Medal of Freedom for W. Bush?
    No, not really. It was for George HW Bush, not his son.

He deserves it even LESS.

He is calculatingly proactive evil, his son is just stupidly following evil.

Big difference.

We all deserve a medal for putting up with all that shit.

@ canuck. WORD.

rotf

Nothing wrong with this. President Obama is just recognizing a great man.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Nothing wrong with this. President Obama is just recognizing a great man.
    Kissing a**.

The HATE AMERICA crowd is active today.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Kissing a**.

Yes, I think one of that group's members is receiving a medal or something.

The only bad thing I can say about George Herbert Walker Bush.... is his offsprings.... nothing else comes to mind.

Gannon, does his CIA tenure bother you... or is it more?

1KielsonDrive.... you hate all politicians... almost.... LOL...

Remember the hostages that were held in Iran for 444 days from 1979-1981?

The principal White House aide for Iran during the hostage crisis has alleged that Reagan/Bush made secret dealings with Iran to delay the release of the U.S. hostages -- they didn't want the hostages to be released during Carter's presidency, as that would bode well for Carter and could potentially cause them to lose the 1980 election.

The Reagan/Bush deal involved the promise of an increase of the flow of weapons to Iran, and the hostages were released minutes after Reagan was inaugurated. [[When these deliveries of weapons were discovered in the mid-80s, it became known as the Iran-Contra scandal.)

The White House aide, Gary Sick, details this in a book called October Surprise. The Library Journal review states:
    "Sick, with impeccable credentials as one of America's leading authorities on Iran, presents a thoroughly documented, convincing appraisal of what he describes as nothing less than a political coup."
    http://www.amazon.com/October-Surpri...7899325&sr=8-1
    Additionally, a U.S. Navy pilot has stated that he flew George Bush to Paris to negotiate the deal:
    "U.S. Navy pilot Captain Gunther Russbacher, who worked with Naval Intelligence and the CIA, says that on Oct. 19, 1980 [[three weeks before the election) he flew U.S. officials to Paris to arrange the "October Surprise." On board, says Russbacher, were George Bush, William Casey, Robert Gates [[Bush's future CIA Director) and Donald Gregg [[whose CIA work began when Bush was director). They met with Hashemi Rafsanjani, the Ayatollah's second in command and Adnan Khashoggi, a powerful Saudi Arabian arms dealer. Arrangements were apparently made to give Iran $40 million as a down-payment to delay release of the hostages.

When future Paris meetings, secret payments and arms deals became known, the Iran-Contra scandal began to unravel. Russbacher, and several CIA operatives, who blew the whistle were subsequently jailed in the U.S."
    http://coat.ncf.ca/our_magazine/link...0_iran_usa.htm
    MORE:
    http://naderlibrary.com/nader.pilotf...tbushparis.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/04/15/wo...ted=all&src=pm
    Last edited by Downtown Lady; February-16-11 at 09:42 PM. Reason: typo

DetroitDad Guest

I've considered this. Unfortunately, I don't qualify for food stamps.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Another example of our 'ruling class', 'political elite', not only getting off scott free, but additionally, receiving awards for starting wars, killing thousands and screwing up the entire 'world'. Yes, I said 'world'. Not an overstatement. Accurate. Go to your local store, steal a loaf of bread and a package of lunchmeat and see where it gets you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    The only bad thing I can say about George Herbert Walker Bush.... is his offsprings.... nothing else comes to mind.

Gannon, does his CIA tenure bother you... or is it more?

1KielsonDrive.... you hate all politicians... almost.... LOL...
    No, not all. But I'm getting there. The hypocrisy in our uno/due system is amazing. Can you honestly say you see a truly discernable difference between the demicans and republicrats?

Typical right-wing, nut-job response. If you criticize anything about the US, you are a hater. Yet, those same right-wing, nut-jobs spend all of their time criticizing everything. They want it both ways. Yes, there's inuendo in that comment.