Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Jobs

Default Jobs

In doing some research I was viewing resumes and a few caught my eye , is this for real on pay expectations ?

Hi Low operator IE: motorized pallet jacks ... Desired starting salary $75 to $90,000 a year.

Assembly line foreman Desired starting salary $175.000 to $200.000 per year.

I am assuming that they are not factoring in the employer costs.

Something about that post makes me think of Jeff Foxworthy. That, or my googling of "Hi Low operator IE: motorized pallet jacks" has just totally betrayed me.

The insane pay expectations go both ways.

I've seen ads from employers who are someone to have CPA and 15+ years of expirence for $12 per hour.

lilpup Guest

Agreed, the insane expectations go both ways [[I'm rather suspect of the examples given they're so unrealistic) but my question is why are people putting pay expectations on resumes? Or is OP trolling?
    Last edited by lilpup; February-14-11 at 08:59 PM.

I work with a guy who's wife works at a submarine sandwich shop, who honest to god beleives she deserves $20 p/hr to make subs! HA!

I heard that my nephews friends brothers co-worker heard that a guy in another plant made $35 an hour just to put little screws on a widget !!!!!

What the F**K is this area coming to ?

Mass email that to your friends.

"I am your father's sister's cousin's former roommate........"

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    Agreed, the insane expectations go both ways [[I'm rather suspect of the examples given they're so unrealistic) but my question is why are people putting pay expectations on resumes? Or is OP trolling?
    Troll ? It was a valid question and asked looking for a honest answer.

If everybody believes what they read at face value when it comes to publicly written search content then go for it.

There was a city in 2008 whose stats listed as being the least amount of unemployed in the state a year later they admitted that the numbers were fudged so believe what you read I do not.

I am well aware of the flip side of the coin when it comes to employers and employees and also aware of the differences between one city to the next ,I was thinking of answers more around the scale of "yea that seems to be about right" or "Well sometimes that amount is paid because" .

Maybe not.

and the examples given were from a pay to view site so the person submitting had to have known that potential employer was paying just to read the thing and put a little more then just a passing thought in what they were submitting.
    Last edited by Richard; February-15-11 at 12:20 AM.