Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Opportunities for pick-up hockey in Detroit?

Any hockey players here who know of casual pick-up hockey opportunities in Detroit?

I'm not looking to join a team for an entire season, just the occasional scrimmage type of game.

What are the costs and locations of ice rinks, preferably nothing too sketchy in terms of the area.

I believe Clark Park has adult pickup on Sunday mornings at 11:00 am

night-timer, how do you plan on making it to drop-in hockey [[casual or otherwise) in the Detroit area if you live in Sydney, Australia?

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...923#post209923

Care to explain?

I've been meaning to get back to playing. It's probably been about three years since I've been between the pipes....last time I played the pants were a bit tight. But, good info.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    night-timer, how do you plan on making it to drop-in hockey [[casual or otherwise) in the Detroit area if you live in Sydney, Australia?

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...923#post209923

Care to explain?
    I guess he's just plain old tired of wrestling crocodiles...

Sure, I'll explain..... I need opps in LA and NY as well, when I visit. I suss things out before I get there. Hope that explains. Maybe also explains why I can't join a team "for an entire season". Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by night-timer View Post
    Sure, I'll explain..... I need opps in LA and NY as well, when I visit. I suss things out before I get there. Hope that explains. Maybe also explains why I can't join a team "for an entire season". Cheers.
    So you're telling me you travel to LA, NYC and Detroit with hockey gear on top of whatever luggage you tote around? Or are you telling me you bop into these various cities and buy all sorts of new equipment or have the gear there like some magical bat cave?

Forgive me for doubting you but toting around a hockey bag locally is a pain in the ass already much less taking them from city to city to play pick-up hockey.