Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Michigan Democrats Convention at Cobo Hall

...Anybody else check out the convention today? attend one of the various caucus meetings and breakout sessions... then the final main convention rally with various speakers.. And finally the somewhat contentious re-election of Mark Brewer as state DNC party chair..

A major victory for the Republicans.

So what's the deal with Brewer, the scuttlebutt early on after the November elections was that he was being pushed out.. supposedly Jocelyn Benson was going to run, also Isaac Robinson, both out of Detroit.. and then the candidacy of Scott seemed to come out of nowhere, I only found out the day of, at the convention.. I wonder how long he knew that there was a $1000 filing fee to campaign for party chair.. if this wasn't just some last-minute 11th Hour situation, I think he could have paid out of pocket or had some quickie fundraiser, the fee should have been paid, and then his coalition could have a voice.. sometimes, various activist types, including progressives, can sometimes shoot themselves in the foot, then claim that the fix is in..

gdogslim Guest

there was a convention today? about what?