Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Just another Humdrum day? Or not? ,,, tponetom

Detroit is the birth place of the most beautiful women, [[INSIDE and OUT) in the world. I know that to be a fact, because I have met so many of them in my life time.

A Valentine can be of many moods. Loving, whimsical, funny, and flirting. There are a few lesser modes I won’t mention.
    February 14. Just Another Ho-Hum Dayfor Peggy O.

The candle’s flame of life, flickers. That is not an ominous harbinger

.It is a gentle reminder that we should cherish what we have had in the past, and to anticipate the more simple, but still exciting, plans we have for the future.
    And you know how I love to muse and amuse you with the little things I do.
    Like:
    I awaken you at 6:00 a.m. to serve you the Nectar [[orange juice) in bed, every morning, to combat your hypoglycemic tremors.
    Your half smile of pleasure that makes your face glow when I let you go back to sleep for an hour or two or three.
    And then, later, your awakening. Your stumbling, but elegant entrance to the bathroom, makes my day begin.
    I hold your robe to the positions that I know so well. Slip both arms in, then I have you put your hands on my shoulder [[to keep both of us balanced) while I cinch the sash. Not too tight, not too slack
    I help you groom and tease your hair in the morning until it evolves into the Crown that makes you a Queen.
    I mix, not shake, your morning cocktail [[Metamucil).
    I smile when I watch your excitement when I serve your breakfast, especially when I make a “Millionaires Sandwich” for you. [[That would be peanut butter and jellybetween to soda crackers.)

We have been fortunate for all these many years, to make the adjustments from need and ’extremes’ to the more genteel and lasting,,,, little things in life.

365.25 times 67 equals 24,471. Days of our lives together.

Tomorrow, day #24,472, I will have the O. J. and the comb at the ready.
    It will just be another humdrum day of ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOVE!
    Me for You and You for Me

you are a wonderful guy tom. love to you and peggy. and now, i have a craving for a couple of "millionaires sandwiches" too.

DetroitDad Guest

I always love reading your posts, tponetom. I love the millionaire sandwiches, that is classic!

Tp - another beautiful gem about two happy hearts and their lives together. Happy Valentine's Day to you and Peggy. May you celebrate many more. <3 <3

What a terrific way to start the day...reading your words of such a deep abiding love ...steady for so many years!!

Happy Valentine's Day to you, Tponetom and Peggy!!

You are a pure treasure, Tom.

Peggy is blessed to have had you for all those days...those moments of memory. Even moreso NOW.

Thank you for sharing this...I'm sitting in my darlin's front sunroom, watching her and wondering if I can muster the same deep devotion you obviously have for your dear.

I pray that I may...

Love you, Tom! I can only hope when our time comes to slow down and enjoy the simple things to the fullest, we will have the patience and love you show so abundantly to sweeten our days. I've already had breakfast, or I would head for Millionaire sandwiches, you bet!

Gosh, I better dash out and get my bride of 52 years a Valentine's Card.....and her birthday follows up pretty close.....oh, man, run run run............. Thanks, TP, for the reminder........

tponetom, this one tops them all...
    Peace.

Thank you, all, for the kind replies.

I just finished reading all of the above to Peggy and her eyes glistened and the tears “flowed like wine.”

I added the following to my rendition:

Valentines come in a variety of forms. A card, a letter, a box of candy or a bouquet of flowers, a gift, and sometimes, maybe, a twinkle in an eye. [[Provided the twinkle is reciprocated.)”

I can make her laugh in an instant.