Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Donald Trump for president

I had to roll my eyes when I heard that Trump was thinking of running for President.
    I heard someone mention this interview yesterday on a talk show and the caller made it sounded like Trump was blaming China for the state of the economy which I would disagree with. Turns out that Trump is putting the blame squarely where it belongs - on our own policy makers - and his solution makes perfect sense. The Free Trade, pro-globalization proponents who have sucked everyone dry for their own profit are the ones that have advocated for the elimination of tariffs. They expend a lot of energy trying to convince us that “protectionism” is bad for business. I say protectionism is good for the economy, good for smaller businesses, good for job creation, good for the environment and good for national sovereignty.

So listen to Donald Trump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe_64UzVn7E

Donald Trumpet Himself has recently given campaign contributions to both the Rahm Emanual campaign and a Karl Rove front group.

"I think his chances are less than my father's." -Rand Paul

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post

"I think his chances are less than my father's." -Rand Paul
    Now that's something Rand and i can agree on !!

Cant vote for anyone with a reality show.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Cant vote for anyone with a reality show.
    Oh, I dunno, I think Tonya Harding would do as good a job as most of 'em.

ever so often he makes sense just like Ron Paul and Ralph Nader... even Ross Peroit had something to say.. Dennis K. was one to shake up the apple tree.. Donald has som egreat ideas but he is first and formost a showman.. maybe he would "fire" all the lobbiest.. I would support that. But he would have to do something with that hair... LOL

No thanks.

Anyone see the E network making fun of Donald giving his warnings to America about the dangers of China? They made him look like a babbling conspiracy theorist. If E can do it that easily, just think of how bad he would look with the big guns of the national networks putting him in thier sites...

Just like the Gabrielle Giffords thread, the subject should have started with "Crazier than crazy."

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    No thanks.

Anyone see the E network making fun of Donald giving his warnings to America about the dangers of China? They made him look like a babbling conspiracy theorist. If E can do it that easily, just think of how bad he would look with the big guns of the national networks putting him in thier sites...
    I agree with Gibran that even idiots sometimes come up with good ideas but yeah, no one with that hair and a reality show could be taken seriously. I still think the ideas expressed in the Youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe_64UzVn7E
    are well worth considering though: Trump is not attacking China, he is putting the blame squarely where it belongs - on our own policy makers - and his solution makes perfect sense. The Free Trade, pro-globalization proponents who have sucked everyone dry for their own profit are the ones that have advocated for the elimination of tariffs - the idea of taxing goods that come into your country in order to give your own industries and edge are what is needed. The bankters and corporate entities expend a lot of energy trying to convince us that “protectionism” is bad for business. Garbage, protectionism is good for the economy, good for smaller businesses, good for job creation, good for the environment because if stuff were built here less fuel would be used to ship it from China. Just because corporate interests try to discredit an idea does not make it bad. It is best to consider who is behind the discreditor.

Relayer76, I agree with your comment. Import taxes are corporate taxes which discourage corporations from manufacturing overseas. Income taxes, instead, tax middle class and working Americans. The free traders have been bleeding us for decades allowing the elites to corner our remaining national wealth.

Check this out folks. WikiLeaks cables: Saudi Arabia cannot pump enough oil to keep a lid on prices.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...ated-wikileaks
    I wonder if the days when shipping EVERYTHING we use from China to North America may be ending. How high would oil prices have to go before producing closer to home becomes cost effective.

gdogslim Guest

At least we know who Trump is and where he stands.
    Better a West Point grad and successful businessman than a failed community organizer turned politician.
    I think he's doing this to get a message put out about how the US should do some things right, not to get elected.

Quote Originally Posted by gdogslim View Post
    At least we know who Trump is and where he stands.
    Better a West Point grad and successful businessman than a failed community organizer turned politician.
    I think he's doing this to get a message put out about how the US should do some things right, not to get elected.
    There are plenty of folks who do not consider Trump to be a successful businessman. If your measure of success is solely personal wealth, than he is that. But he got that way by on the backs of just about everyone who invested with him or loaned him money. Nearly every entity he has formed has filed bankruptcy. We seem to have a group of folks in Washington who are doing quite well at this without any outside help.

Trump is not attacking China, he is putting the blame squarely where it belongs - on our own policy makers - and his solution makes perfect sense. The Free Trade, pro-globalization proponents who have sucked everyone dry for their own profit are the ones that have advocated for the elimination of tariffs - the idea of taxing goods that come into your country in order to give your own industries and edge are what is needed. The bankters and corporate entities expend a lot of energy trying to convince us that “protectionism” is bad for business. Garbage, protectionism is good for the economy, good for smaller businesses, good for job creation, good for the environment because if stuff were built here less fuel would be used to ship it from China. Just because corporate interests try to discredit an idea does not make it bad. It is best to consider who is behind the discreditor.

NO DOUBT that the US is responsible for China taking the reigns of the world's economy and running with them. The US has boxed itself into a corner, restricting itself with its' own ludicrous rules and barricades to prosperity. China answers to no one, doesn't tiptoe around environmentalism, and is quick to flex it's political influence and flaunt it's military muscle.

The US has become a tier 2 nation, with massive debt and a stranglehold on it's own economic growth. It wrestles with it's own ability to provide energy for itself. It spends more than it takes in. It wants to give everything to everyone when it in no way possible can it afford to do so.

China is the world's future.
    And we let them take over.

Donald Trump is right to sound the Paul Revere about China, but we are too inept and inactive to listen. The point I made about the E show making fun of Donald Trump for voicing his opinion was not to attack Donald's Message, but to point out how the media refused to listen to his warnings, and instead poked fun at Donald for giving the message at all. They painted him to appear as a conspiracy theorist paranoid kook, when in reality, we are not far from having the Chinese as our superiors [[if it has not happened already).
    Last edited by Papasito; February-17-11 at 02:37 PM. Reason: spelling lol :)

gdogslim Guest

I'm not for Trump FP but his is one of the most successful businessman by every definition .
    What is wrong with using other peoples money??? I thought that was the goal of investing. The money wasn't taken by force by a bunch of politicians and redistributed for votes like to Obama's buddies.
    He is also not a liar like our President is.
    Washington DC ?? Your kidding right? Pigs at the trough, poverty and failure all around DC and government clerks, lawyers, lobbyists sucking off taxpayers wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Import taxes are corporate taxes which discourage corporations from manufacturing overseas. Income taxes, instead, tax middle class and working Americans. The free traders have been bleeding us for decades allowing the elites to corner our remaining national wealth.
    You and I are in agreement on this. The sad thing is the free traders, of which our last 5 presidents have been disciples of, have bamboozled the majority of Americans into believing is vital to our prosperity. Meanwhile, the average person looses more and more of their money and buying power as these elite corporatist's corner more and more of this nation's wealth.