Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Pistons to retire Rodman's number-Who's next, Darko?

Seems to me the Pistons have already retired too many numbers from the Bad Boys era. Does this mean they will start retiring Billups, Ben & Rasheed [[maybe they could use one banner with two numbers), etc.?
    Retiring a number should be for a hall of fame caliber player only. The only players the Pistons should have retired are Lanier, Bing and Thomas.
    Oh well, at least it will make the Rip Hamilton ceremony fun.

I don't have a problem with Billups or or even Ben having their numbers retired. But Rodman?? Do we even really want to admit to him playing here?? Aren't they eventually going to run out of numbers if they keep retiring jerseys? I mean Rodman was a backup during the glory days for goodness sake!

I think they're really going to retire Rodman's skirt.

They should do what the Toronto Maple Leafs do , when they hang a players name and number in the rafters , its to honor them and not retire the number itself .