Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37

Speaking of Newt- why isn't he campaigning in Michigan?

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Speaking of Newt- why isn't he campaigning in Michigan?
    Money, or the lack of it

Does Santorum want to ban condoms too?

Until I saw last nights debate, I didn't realize just how pro-war these candidates are, with the exception of Ron Paul. Let's attack Iran because they might have a nuclear bomb. Yeah, that would really bring the price of oil down. Haven't we learned anything from the last ten years of war? The people making money off of war don't want it to end. It's all becoming rather obvious why they want to perpetuate it.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Does Santorum want to ban condoms too?

After seeing the words "santorum" and "condoms" in the same sentence, I had to wash my eyes out with soap.

It is quite humerous, for sure.

old guy, you nailed it.
    Only in America can politicians attack an opponent for the high price of gasoline, while promoting war with Iran, and not be perceived as foolish and unelectable.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/dutch-tv-...hanasia-claim/

That's the thing about the modern catholic church; the penances are so inconsequential. Saying a rosary is a biggie. So confessing this whopper will probably only rate a few prayers and a lame retraction like " I was only kidding."
    As a good 13th c. mind, Rick should be demanding a return to sackcloth and ashes.

Attachment 12116

http://www.michiganradio.org/post/romneys-and-religion

"...Romney may, however, need to do what Kennedy did when he ran for office. Romney might want to make a major speech saying that if elected, his only loyalty would be to the Constitution of the United States of America. Unfortunately, he probably needs to do something else, too. Recently, members of the Mormon faith have been offending people and making headlines by the bizarre practice of “baptizing” Jews killed in the Holocaust and elsewhere. Think how you would feel if someone announced they were posthumously inducting your dead mother into their religion. Mitt Romney doesn’t need to intervene in his church’s affairs.
    But it might be helpful if he told the American people he found this an appalling practice, and called on other Mormons to stop..."

There's a reason why George Romney was born in Mexico. The family was run out of the U.S. because they were polygamists . This article doesn't say how many wives Mitt's grandfather had.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,254362,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    Attachment 12116

ok, I finally looked at this. Ron Paul as lovey is Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    http://www.michiganradio.org/post/romneys-and-religion

"...Romney may, however, need to do what Kennedy did when he ran for office. Romney might want to make a major speech saying that if elected, his only loyalty would be to the Constitution of the United States of America. Unfortunately, he probably needs to do something else, too. Recently, members of the Mormon faith have been offending people and making headlines by the bizarre practice of “baptizing” Jews killed in the Holocaust and elsewhere. Think how you would feel if someone announced they were posthumously inducting your dead mother into their religion. Mitt Romney doesn’t need to intervene in his church’s affairs.
    But it might be helpful if he told the American people he found this an appalling practice, and called on other Mormons to stop..."
    Surely you've heard how Paul Ryan associates his financial politics with his Catholic faith. Is he still viable as a VP selection for Romney?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0412/74990.html

A person’s faith is central to how they conduct themselves, in public and in private, so to me, using my Catholic faith, we call it the social magisterium, which is: How do you apply the doctrine of your teaching into your everyday life as a lay person?

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Surely you've heard how Paul Ryan associates his financial politics with his Catholic faith. Is he still viable as a VP selection for Romney?
    One can only hope.

http://front.moveon.org/robert-reich...716803-9yPhknx
    Last edited by maxx; April-22-12 at 02:50 PM.

Default Ron Paul Update

Romney may well have this thing almost wrapped up. However, Ron Paul has just won the majority of delegates from Louisiana.

“We congratulate Ron Paul supporters for apparently capturing their first state delegation in this Presidential election cycle through an excellent get out the vote effort today,” stated GNOR Chairman Sarah Roy. “However, the result of this ill-conceived and confusing caucus clearly does not represent the will of the vast majority of Louisiana Republican voters as Ron Paul recently received only six percent of the vote in the Louisiana Presidential Primary.”
    http://www.joingnor.com/default.html

Yesterday, The Alaska Republican Party elected Ron Paul supporters for the chair, co-chair, secretary and treasurer next year. Paul supporters occupied 16 of 19 delegate slots filled in congressional district selection in Romney's home state of MA.

"In just the last week, Paul locked up 49 delegates, including five in Pennsylvania and four in
    RhodeIsland
    , two states thought to be firmly on Romney's turf. In Minnesota, Paul won 20 of the 24 delegates awarded at last weekend's district caucuses, an impressive sweep that guarantees that Paul will control a majority of the state's delegation at the Republican National Convention.
    And despite staunch opposition from the state Republican Party, Paul took 20 of the 40 delegates awarded in Missouri last weekend, according to campaign chairman Jesse Benton.
    In at least five other states — Colorado, Nevada, Iowa, Washington, and Maine — Paul has done remarkably well at county and district conventions, and his supporters are expected to win a big chunk of the RNC delegates at the state conventions later this spring." http://www.businessinsider.com/ron-paul-winning-delegates-missouri-minnesota-colorado-washington-2012-4#ixzz1tUHTkrSy

Ron Paul rallies keep getting bigger too; unlike Romney's

Why does Louisiana have both a primary and a caucus????

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Why does Louisiana have both a primary and a caucus????
    I'm not sure. Every state party makes up its own rules. Some primaries are just beauty contests as is apparently Louisiana's. North Dakota also had a beauty contest but instead of caucuses to determine the delegates, the party bigwigs there chose all the delegates for Romney. In Wisconsin, where I live and is typical, most of the delegates are chosen based on the primary results by congressional district. My district voted Santorum so our three delegates have to vote for Santorum in the first round. However, at the district caucus, one of the three delegates chosen was a Paul delegate. He is supposed to vote for Santorum in the first round but after that will support Paul. In addition, a smaller number of WI delegates are chosen by party insiders.

Romney may well win in the first round but if he doesn't, the convention could get interesting. There is some talk about abstaining from voting for the chosen candidates in the first round of voting. The federal government, by the way, has just given Charlotte and Tampa $50M each for crowd control.

According to Newt Gingrich, Romney:
    • is a liar who cannot be honest with the American people
    • was in charge at Bain Capital while it looted and mismanaged companies
    • is hiding details of his financial portfolio
    • is anti-immigrant

After suspending his campaign today, Newt Gingrich is now urging support for severely conservative Mitt Romney. Now Romney and the RNC have offered to be helpful in retiring Gingrich's $4 Million debt. According to The Daily Paul, Gingrich's staffers and creditors are worried they will never be paid.

Former Republican candidate Michele Bachman has become a Swiss citizen. This news is not from the Onion. I hope she doesn't know something that we don't. Maybe she is just looking for a tax shelter. Apparently, she is now a dual citizen and can retain her job in the House. Does anyone have a Ricola?

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Former Republican candidate Michele Bachman has become a Swiss citizen. This news is not from the Onion. I hope she doesn't know something that we don't. Maybe she is just looking for a tax shelter. Apparently, she is now a dual citizen and can retain her job in the House. Does anyone have a Ricola?
    So does that mean she has given up any Presidental aspirations in the future?

I sure hope so........

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Rand Paul is a freshman senator whose term began 14 months ago unafraid to challenge the status quo.

I disagree with the term 'achievement' when used to expand government, wars, the police state, and debt. At least I would qualify such thing as negative achievements. Rand Paul is not guilty of such dubious achievements

I'm not sure to whom your assignment was directed. Rand Paul played an instrumental role in shelving the SOPA/PIPA legislation that may end a lot of internet freedom as we know it. Most likely, that bill will be brought back. Big bucks are behind it.

Rand Paul also forced a voice vote credited with ending the Obama supported attempt to be able to incarcerate Americans indefinitely and have the military involved. This was on either Dec.2 or 3. However this same legislation was folded into the NDAA and signed by President Obama on New Year's Eve when people were distracted. The liberal left used to support such achievements until it became more important to give their guy cover whether right or wrong. In fairness, this bill was passed by most Republicans excluding Rand and only about half of Democrats but including Obama.

Rand Paul has also been on the short end of introducing legislation to balance the federal budget in five years, criticized Obama for his personal attack on Libya, voted against the Patriot Act , and other such measures opposing the growth of the military police state. I guess those aren't achievements because he was outvoted.

DeMint is on the fringes of my interest zone and I don't keep track of him much. He is, in my opinion, about halfway between the Pauls and the mainstream Republican Party with it's tendencies toward neo-con and social values which I don't support. He seems to be a capable party organizer and kingmaker. His endorsement is valued. He is ascendent within the Republican party and someone who could unite it. I would not be surprised if he was the Republican presidential candidate in 2016 to succeed Obama or that Rand paul would be his Vp.
    Are you a Rand Paul apologist?

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37