Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    Why wait until we see how it plays out? You just want to stifle any criticism of your guy that makes you uncomfortable. It's OK for you to offer all kinds of criticism of the right but I'm "hardly an expert on anything remotely dealling with what Clinton or Obama will do..." I never claimed to be an expert, I only offered my personal opinion. You're just another one of those insufferable elitists on the left who consistently talk down to anyone who doesn't think like you do.

Why wait until we see how it plays out? You guys on the left and Senator "Present" Obama were unwilling to wait and see how Iraq played out. They were calling Iraq a failure then and now Obama's claiming it as his success.

If we truly believed that the US has a national interest in Libya [[surely our European allies have a keen interest to protect and that could probably be enough reason for us), then the time to have gone into Libya was early in the rebels push towards Tripoli. We should have gone in quickly with France and the UK as our coalition and made regime change our exit strategy. Just as in Egypt, we would let the locals sort out the leadership succession, even though the results might not be to our liking.

Instead we have an open-ended commitment of our armed forces to operate under NATO control and with no firm exit strategy that will define success in the Libyan intervention. We've also ventured farther down the "responsibility to protect" road that will make it all the harder to resist overtures to militarily intervene in other foreign civil uprisings.
    Haven't we had open-ended commitments to Korea, Japan, and Europe for over 60 years now? I don't see anybody freaking out over that...other than you. Take a few horse tranqs and calm yourself.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Ame...10308-157.html

"
    Indeed, many of today's worst national and international problems can be traced to misjudgments and malfeasance from the Reagan years--from the swelling national debt to out-of-control banks, from the decline of the U.S. middle class to the inaction on energy independence, from the rise of Islamic fundamentalism to Pakistan's nuclear arsenal.
    All of these disasters are part of the Reagan Legacy. Yet, possibly the most insidious residue from the Reagan Years was the concept of manipulating information--what some Reagan officials liked to call "perception management"--as a means of societal control..." p.2
    Last edited by maxx; March-29-11 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EL Jimbo View Post
    Haven't we had open-ended commitments to Korea, Japan, and Europe for over 60 years now? I don't see anybody freaking out over that...other than you. Take a few horse tranqs and calm yourself.
    What drugs are you taking - do you really believe that similar to Libya we've been enforcing a no-fly zone for 60 years in the skies over Korea, Japan and Europe? The longest US participation in a no-fly zone enforcement that I remember was in the skies over Iraq for 12 years between 1991 and 2003 and it didn't solve anything.

Reagan's ignorance shows in the debate

I am a recovering link repairman.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Regarding your pipe dream... Do you really see a Repub out there that even remotely reminds you of Reagan ?
    Rand Paul in 2016. I'm not a Reagan fan as he was too much of a spender; big on talk but short on fiscal action. From what I've seen so far, Rand Paul, unlike Reagan, would be a fiscal conservative. Rand Paul is smarter than Reagan was.

2012 is too soon for Rand. He needs more experience and time to establish a voting record. So far, though, he has staked out budget positions detailing how to cut the budget by $500B in one year and balancing the budget over five years. His solutions include cutting military spending, keeping but putting off social security benefits for one year, and eliminating all federal spending not authorized by the 10th Amendment. He has been sticking his neck out addressing problems Democrats and almost all other Republicans refuse to acknowledge.

Why wait until we see how it plays out? You just want to stifle any criticism of your guy that makes you uncomfortable. It's OK for you to offer all kinds of criticism of the right but I'm "hardly an expert on anything remotely dealling with what Clinton or Obama will do..." I never claimed to be an expert, I only offered my personal opinion. You're just another one of those insufferable elitists on the left who consistently talk down to anyone who doesn't think like you do.

Why wait until we see how it plays out? You guys on the left and Senator "Present" Obama were unwilling to wait and see how Iraq played out. They were calling Iraq a failure then and now Obama's claiming it as his success.
    Ummm waiting a few weeks is slightly different [[in the real world) than waiting a period longer than WWII... or is that fact lost on you??

You like labeling anyone who doesn't agree with you a liberal... I hate both parties equally [[they both got us in this mess)... but your shrill responses deservedly got you some of the other responses to your posts... maybe you should simmer down and chill out before you stroke out.

Remember weeks... not years... there is a difference!!

What drugs are you taking - do you really believe that similar to Libya we've been enforcing a no-fly zone for 60 years in the skies over Korea, Japan and Europe? The longest US participation in a no-fly zone enforcement that I remember was in the skies over Iraq for 12 years between 1991 and 2003 and it didn't solve anything.
    I'm not taking any drugs. My point is that we've been involved in Libya for what? two weeks and you are talking about an open-ended commitment. Also, I don't think what we are doing in Libya is similar to Korea, Japan, or Europe. There are 28,000 US troops in Korea, 32,000 in Japan, and 82,000 troops in Europe and they've been there for a LONG time at huge cost to the US taxpayer. Compare that to what? The US has a total of 5 naval ships in the Med actively participating in combat operations, plus a few squadrons of air force fighters and bombers. Heck, the Navy even moved the USS Enterprise Battlegroup AWAY from Libya and into the Arabian Sea to support the USS Carl VInson to support operations in Afghanistan.

Does Libya have the potential to blow up? Sure, but this is NOTHING compared to what we've done in the past.

Comparing Iraq in the 90s to Libya today doesn't work either. There are a few reasons why.

1. In Iraq, there was no active revolution that the no-fly zone was supporting.

2. The Libyan military is nowhere near as formidable as the Iraqi military.

Mormon Romney says no atheists or muslims need apply. [[Why does this site's spell checker get upset with the word muslim? )

http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/c...uslims-cabinet

And while I'm talking about Mormons:
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/cult...ics-think.html

It sounds like they haven't included the song about Joseph Smith shown on South Park.

"Joseph Smith was called a prophet, dum dum dum dum dum...."
    Last edited by maxx; March-30-11 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    Mormon Romney says no atheists or muslims need apply
    And how stupid does Newt think the citizens are? an Atheist-Islamic state???

oh, that's right - he knows a certain 25% ARE stupid enough to buy that, and hopes another 26% are willing to ignore it or don't care.

Newtie is a legend in his own mind.

rb: The percentages you mention suggest the idiocracy has arrived here.

Name:  Bachmann.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  30.5 KB

No one mentions my favorite Republican candidate: Michelle Bachmann

She is hilarious!!!

Michelle was just confusing John Adams, the founding father, with his son John Quincy Adams who played a prominent role in the Amistad case. This wouldn't happen if she didn't rely on movies for her historic information.

Bachman's trotters are firmly in the public trough. Did she really think people wouldn't find out?

http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennt...subsidies.html

The problem the Republican party has right now is too many fools. It DOES have some sharp thinkers in the mix [[Romney, Barbour, Ginrich, Daniles for example) who can't get any traction because of the Palins, Huckabees and the Bachmanns in the party are getting all the press for all the wrong reasons. I'm not saying I agree with any of them, but I feel sorry for the Republican leadership because every time Sarah or Michelle open their respectvie mouths, moderates run in the opposite direction, and it's moderate [[centerists) who will win or lose an election for you.

Right now, the Republican Party reminds me a bit of the 70's era Democratic Party that was so party base oriented it couldn't elect a president to save its soul.

Default Obama wins again in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by douglasm View Post
    The problem the Republican party has right now is too many fools. It DOES have some sharp thinkers in the mix [[Romney, Barbour, Ginrich, Daniles for example) who can't get any traction because of the Palins, Huckabees and the Bachmanns in the party are getting all the press for all the wrong reasons. I'm not saying I agree with any of them, but I feel sorry for the Republican leadership because every time Sarah or Michelle open their respectvie mouths, moderates run in the opposite direction, and it's moderate [[centerists) who will win or lose an election for you.
    This is why I think Palin or Bachmann should become the Republican candidate for President.

Obama will win in the biggest landslide in American History. I will never forget watching 60 minutes and a senior citizen retorted that she has always voted Republican, but this time will for vote Democrat because she does not want Palin anywhere near the White House.

Mathematically speaking, for Obama to lose in 2012 he would have to receive less than 25% of the white vote and will need a very low turnout from Blacks. So considering that this will not happen. Obama wins again in 2012!

lincoln8740 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HistoryNotHisStory View Post
    Obama will win in the biggest landslide in American History. !
    uhh remember Mondale v Reagan?

Almost a complete sweep of electoral college votes. The only state that Mondale won was his home state of Minnesota. He won it by only a few thousand votes!!!

Ya think that will ever happen again?

Let me guess--You were probably the same guy that thought Kerry would win in a landslide in 2004.--right?

Gingrich a great thinker? Not lately.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/arc..._09/025625.php

"Disgraced former House Speaker Newt Gingrich [[R-Ga.), in all his pseudo-intellectual glory, has become so enveloped in his own garbage, he appears to have suffered some kind of severe head trauma..."

Haley Barbour, courting the Klan vote.

http://www.examiner.com/political-bu...om-mississippi

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln8740 View Post
    uhh remember Mondale v Reagan?

Almost a complete sweep of electoral college votes. The only state that Mondale won was his home state of Minnesota. He won it by only a few thousand votes!!!

Ya think that will ever happen again?

Let me guess--You were probably the same guy that thought Kerry would win in a landslide in 2004.--right?
    Landside??? Sure Obama could win in a landslide but I was just predicting a victory.

Quote Originally Posted by HistoryNotHisStory View Post
    Mathematically speaking, for Obama to lose in 2012 he would have to receive less than 25% of the white vote and will need a very low turnout from Blacks. So considering that this will not happen. Obama wins again in 2012!
    Don't forget to work population changes as reflected in the electoral college into your equation.

The incumbency advantage will allow Obama to spend his entire billion against the Republican whereas Republicans will have to spend a lot on their primary battles. That might be a bigger factor in an Obama victory.

Don't forget to figure in Republican gerrymandering.

Bill Maher on Michelle.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muiws...eature=related

Rand Paul is an elitist and an eugenicist. If he like Anthem, can he dislike the message of Atlas Shrugged?

http://gawker.com/#!5791512/rand-pau...about-ayn-rand

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/0...ed-Jesus-didnt

You will have a difficult time suggesting that Rand Paul "is an elitist and an eugenicist" particularly with your second link which is about Paul Ryan rather than Rand Paul. Since a disproportionate percentage of aborted babies are black, perhaps the supporters of Planned parenthood are, instead, the eugenicists. Margaret Sanger has been called just that.

The recently released movie Atlas Shrugged has been largely panned by mainstream media critics but it's distribution is being expanded after it's limited debut. Before you suggest otherwise, neither Rand Paul nor Paul Ryan is named after Ayn Rand.

Last edited by oladub; April-22-11 at 05:10 PM. Reason: addition

Barbour has now declared that he will not run in 2012. Trump has captured the interest of Franklin Graham, Gary Busey, and gets along well with the blacks. Gary Johnson has emerged from the smoke and declared.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Barbour has now declared that he will not run in 2012. Trump has captured the interest of Franklin Graham, Gary Busey, and gets along well with the blacks. Gary Johnson has emerged from the smoke and declared.
    Trump did get along with blacks until he pulled this birther stunt. The black community will drop him like a bad habit should he run. There are already e-mails going out among the black community making a point that folks should stop watching that joke of the TV show he has.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast