Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Bing opens new slum

diver1369 Guest

What about his campaign promise to install a basketball hoop at every intersection in the 'hood.

That's just wrong. Hilarious, funny as hell, but wrong.LMFAO.

more than $24,000 in public funds
    This had me dying!

The picture of Mayor Bing holding the brick is just perfect. My favorite quote:

"As far as giant 'f***-yous' from the city go, I'm a little underwhelmed," said Danica Michaels, a single mother of four young children. "This is nothing compared to the giant interstate they built through my neighborhood last year."

You guys think this is funny? Yea just what we need more negativity toward Detroit. We can't condone that.

Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    You guys think this is funny? Yea just what we need more negativity toward Detroit. We can't condone that.
    It's called satire...perhaps you've heard of it?

You have to cringe while reading this because it describes too much of the city. Sometimes you have to
    gross enough people out before positive change comes.

Bearinabox Guest

Why the hell not? It's funny.

I don't know how you can live here and not regard this city's plight with some semblance of a sense of humor. I'd probably have moved already if I didn't have it in me to laugh at this shit. Living here may not be exciting in a [[[[[[[[[s-at-the-nightclub sort of way, but it is unfailingly entertaining.

You think this is the first time The Onion has done a story that has offended someone?

I normally love the Onion, but when they write super-negative things about Detroit, I think of the 30-something hipsters [[who most-likely relocated from Detroit's suburbs) who write the Onion as they are drinking Starbucks in their Ikea-furnished offices in Chicago and think "shut up you nerds!"

Or in their offices in Madison, or Denver. The Onion's okay, but it can't hold a candle to Fun or Orbit.